BMW launched the all-new 4th generation 2019 BMW X5 Sports Activity Vehicle globally . The fourth generation BMW X5 is now increased in dimensions and capabilities with Sculptured styling . Overall, the X5 has grown 36mm in length, 66mm in width and 19mm in height. The wheelbase is also slightly longer than the previous generation and is now stretched to 42mm .
The redesigned X5 has a more assertive appearance as it adopts a massive chrome grille and a sportier front bumper with large air intakes. At the back, the X5 gets edgier bodywork and a distinctive character line that kicks up in the middle of the rear doors.
Other styling features include front bumper vents and slender LED taillights which is BMW’s familiar L-shape. The model also has a chromed dual exhaust system and a tailgate-mounted spoiler.
A number of styling packages will be available and xLine variants will have matte aluminium accents, additional brightwork and 19-inch alloy wheels. The M Sport models will additional body-color components, larger air intakes, high-gloss black accents and 20-inch wheels.
New for 2019
- New BMW TwinPower turbo engines, 335hp 3.0L 6 cylinder and 456hp 4.4L 8-cylinder
- New Optional Off-Road Package with air suspension and new rear locking differential.
- New standard BMW Live Cockpit Professional with two 12.3-inch digital displays.
- New standard Active Driving Assistant and optional factory Remote Engine Start.
Engine and specifications
Two engine options available
- 4.4L V8-cylinder (xDrive 50i)
- 456 hp @ 5250-6000 rpm
- 479 Nm of torque @1500-4750 rpm
- 0-60 in 4.6 seconds
- Fundamentally upgraded from crankcase to engine management
- Hot-V design
- New ignition system for even smoother Auto Start Stop
- 3.0L inline 6-cyilnder (xDrive 40i)
- 335 hp @ 5500-6500 rpm
- 330 Nm of torque @ 1500-5200 rpm
- 0-60 in 5.3 seconds
8-speed Steptronic transmission
- Full power can be directed to rear wheels only
- Electronically controlled rear differential lock (available in Dynamic Handling Package and Off-Road Package)
- New Vernasca variant for the leather upholstery, available in five colors
- Standard electrically adjustable and heated sports seats
- Optional multifunction front seats with massage function and seat ventilation
- Illuminated door sill plates specific to xLine and M Sport models
- M Sport trim includes M sports steering wheel, M-specific pedals, driver’s footrest and piping on the seats, plus exclusive interior trim strips in Aluminium Tetragon
- Four-zone air conditioning system
- Panoramic glass roof with 30% larger see through area than F15 X5
- Standard ambient lighting includes Welcome Light Carpet (illuminating entry area to vehicle when doors are unlocked/opened
- Dynamic Interior Light emits pulsating light signals in pre-defined situations
- Optional remote engine start and heated/cooled cup holders
- Optional glass controls for transmission selector lever, iDrive controller, start/stop button, volume control button
- xLine model: kidney grill bars finished in matte aluminum, underbody protection, roof rails and side window surrounds in satin aluminum, other accents in Pearl-effect Chrome
- M Sport model: wheel arch trim, bumper trim, rear underbody protection and side skirts painted in body color, matte aluminium kidney grille bars, and roof rails and side window surrounds in high-gloss black. M sports steering wheel, M-specific pedals, driver’s footrest and piping on the seats, plus exclusive interior trim strips in Aluminium Tetragon.
Pricing will be announced closer to on sale date of Nov 2018. Fourth generation BMW X5 can be expected on sale in India in early 2019 .
You can add more to this story by commenting below.