Ford India today introduced the 2020 Endeavour – with a new 2.0-litre EcoBlue engine & world’s first 10 Speed-Automatic Transmission – at an introductory price starting from INR 29.55 Lakh.
Delivering a potent mix of unmatched off-roading capabilities, surprisingly affordable service cost and up to 14% improvement in fuel efficiency, the 2020 Ford Endeavour will set a new benchmark for premium SUVs in India.
The introductory prices of 2020 Endeavour will only be valid till April 30, 2020, post which the ex-showroom prices will see an upward revision of INR 70,000. All customers who book their cars until April 30 will benefit from the attractive introductory price.
Endeavour is one of the most loved SUVs in India and was the only vehicle in its segment to beat an industry slowdown & grow both volumes, as well market share, in 2019,
said Anurag Mehrotra, president & managing director, Ford India.
“With 2020 Endeavour, we are offering a product that combines best of both worlds – outstanding capabilities & class-leading fuel efficiency – and thereby delivering more than SUV customers expect. With its enhanced value proposition, we are confident that the Endeavour will become the SUV of choice for several new customers.
DIESEL GAME CHANGER
ALL-NEW FORD 2.0-LITRE ECO BLUE ENGINE
At the heart of the 2020 Ford Endeavour sits an advanced New 2.0L EcoBlue diesel engine, that delivers an unrivalled package of fuel efficiency, performance and refinement.
The Bharat Stage VI compliant engine will be more fuel-efficient, with reduced emissions. The EcoBlue engine continues the legacy of Endeavour’s benchmark fun-to-drive credentials, delivering 170 PS peak power and 420 Nm peak torque. The EcoBlue engine with 4X2 driveline will return segment-best 13.90 Kmpl while 4X4 variant will deliver an outstanding fuel efficiency of 12.4 Kmpl, benefiting customers with up to 14% improvement in fuel efficiency.
The EcoBlue engine offers a 20 per cent improvement in low-end torque from the outgoing 2.2L TDCi engine to enhance Endeavour’s ability to tackle every challenge the road may throw – from delivering efficiency on a daily commute to conquering challenging terrain on weekends.
Ford EcoBlue engine is also more refined and quieter with a 4-decibel reduction in idle noise.
Building on the industry-leading performance and technology of Ford’s award-winning EcoBoost petrol engines, the Ford EcoBlue engine’s all-new design features multiple innovations that reduce friction, contributing to an improvement in fuel efficiency, including:
- A 10 mm offset crank design that minimizes piston side-load, reducing rubbing forces against the cylinder walls
- Minimized crankshaft bearing diameters
- A belt-in-oil design for the camshaft and oil pump drive belts
- An optimized valve-train and an all-new single-piece camshaft module
- A new mirror-image porting design for the integrated inlet manifold that precisely controls the flow of air into the cylinders
The new engine will use Diesel Exhaust Fluid commonly referred to as AdBlue®. Automatically injected into the vehicle’s exhaust system, this fluid will help reduce nitrogen oxide emissions.
10-SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION WITH SELECTSHIFT®
2020 Ford Endeavour will also be the only vehicle in India to offer a 10-speed automatic transmission, the first-of-its-kind anywhere in the world, that delivers responsive, faster and facilitates smoother acceleration in all driving conditions.
The 10-Speed architecture reduces the gaps in available power & acceleration between gears providing smoother acceleration response.
Created with high-strength steel, aluminium alloys and composites to optimize durability and weight, the new age transmission translates to better acceleration, responsiveness and performance, thanks to a wide-ratio span and optimized gear spacing. Progressive Range Select or SelectShift® is another first for the segment in the 2020 Ford Endeavour.
The innovative feature gives drivers the ability to lock gears in the desired range to deliver an engaging and more controlled drive experience – especially in challenging driving situations such as slippery roads or steep off-roading conditions.
Apart from the attractive introductory price, the 2020 Endeavour will offer Ford’s globally-renowned mobility and connectivity solution FordPassTM at no additional cost.
Ford Endeavour owners will be able to perform several vehicle operations — like starting, stopping, locking or unlocking the vehicle, know remaining fuel levels & distance to empty & locating their vehicle– remotely, via the FordPassTM app. All variants of 2020 Ford Endeavour will come with a factory-fitted, cloud-connected device that will communicate with vehicle owners in real-time via the FordPassTM smartphone application.
DELIVERING THE BEST OF EVERYTHING
The 2020 Endeavour features all-LED headlamps, encased in an all-new contemporary square design lamp cluster. The LED lamps for both low and high-beam provide up to 20% greater lighting penetration for enhanced night-time visibility.
In addition, the BSVI 2020 Ford Endeavour will continue offering impressive design, unmatched off-roading capabilities, outstanding safety & enhanced convenience with:
- Clever four-wheel-drive system, an active transfer case with Torque on demand
- First-in-segment Terrain Management System (TMS) with four preset modes – Normal, Snow/Mud/Grass, Sand and Rock – that alter the vehicle’s throttle response, transmission, the four-wheel-drive system and traction control to confidently tackle any situation
- Up to seven airbags, including a driver knee airbag, for all-around safety
- The impressive water-wading capacity of 800 mm along with outstanding ground clearance
- Ford’s renowned voice-enabled, in-car connectivity technology SYNC 3 with 8-inch touchscreen and Apple CarPlay, Google Auto compatibility
- First-in-class Active Noise Cancellation, a technology used in noise-cancelling headphones to help reduce low-frequency engine sounds from entering the cabin.
- A panoramic sun-roof, covering up to 50% of the roof
- Flexible seating and cargo arrangements – including fold-flat second- and first-in-class power-fold third-row that can hold up to 2,010 litres of cargo
- Semi-Auto Parallel Park Assist, push start button, hand-free power lift rear gate, rear and front parking sensors, rear parking camera, automatic headlamps, automatic wipers, DRLs, dual-zone automatic climate control, 8-way power-adjustable driver & front passenger seat
- Hill launch assist and hill descent control for better control going up or down a hill
- Surprisingly affordable with standard 3-year or 100,000 KM factory warranty, and scheduled maintenance cost as low as 73 paise per kilometre*
The 2020 Ford Endeavour will be available in three colours — Diffused Silver, Sunset Red, and Diamond White.
Annexure: Variant wise introductory price* details of 2020 Ford Endeavour Vs BSIV compliant outgoing model. (Ex-Showroom, Delhi):
With a simplified variant lineup, the 2020 Ford Endeavour is available in three-trims – 2.0L Titanium 4X2 AT, 2.0L Titanium+ 4X2 Automatic and 2.0L Titanium+ 4X4 Automatic.
2020 Ford Endeavour BS6 Price list
|2.0L EcoBlue Diesel EngineNew 10-Speed Transmission
New Price2020 Ford Endeavour BS-VI
|Titanium 4X2 MT
|Titanium 4X2 AT
|INR 29.55 Lakh*
|Titanium+ 4X2 AT
|INR 31.55 Lakh*
|Titanium+ 4X4 AT
|INR 33.25 Lakh*
You can add more to this story by commenting below.