Honda Cars India Ltd., leading manufacturer of premium cars in India, today released the details of its All New 5th Generation Honda City, ahead of its launch in July 2020. The much awaited All – New Honda City has been conceptualized to carry forward its legacy, deliver supremacy and exceed previous benchmark by offering superior value proposition to its customers.
Honda City is among the most popular sedans in the country and is synonymous with Honda brand since the company entered Indian market with the launch of 1st generation Honda City.
The 5th generation Honda City embodies supremacy in its every detail, ranging from its styling, performance, space, comfort, connectivity and safety. In an Industry First move and in line with increasing usage trend ofsmart devices ecosystem, Honda City is India’s First Connected Car with Alexa remote capability.
The Grand Concept of the 5th Generation Honda City is ‘Ambitious Sedan’ and the model aims to complement its customer’s ambitions and provide them a strong sense of confidence to upgrade their lives.
EXTERIOR DESIGN – STANDING ON THE EDGE
Ever since its launch, the City has defined the original, authentic shape of the sedan in India. The ‘Ambitious Sedan’ design enhances the stance and strength of the car. Inspired by the Japanese Katana blade, a type of curved sword used by ancient samurai, the All New City follows a continuity of lights with a sharp shoulder line that accentuates its premium look and length. This character line runs right from the headlamp all the way to the tail lamp defining its shape, making the hood seem longer, and gives the car a distinguishingly precise and aerodynamic impression. The exterior design combines sportiness and elegance with a more spacious cabin beyond its class making it the longest and widest sedan in its segment.
|4549 mm||1748 mm||1489 mm||2600 mm|
- Attractive sporty character by creating stable lower body that projects advanced and dynamic sleek cabin motion.
- Three-box true sedan style with Horizontal stretched form approach
- Sharp horizontal character line inspired by KATANA BLADE in motion
- Thick long nose enhancing strength and presence
- Solid Wing Face with Chrome Front Grille inherited from Honda’s top-class sedans
- Cutting Edge Lights
- Adoption of Daytime Running Light integrated with the solid wing face asserting overwhelming presence even in day time
- Full LED Headlamps with 9 LED Array Inline Shell, Integrated LED DRL and L Shaped LED Turn Signal
- Z Shaped 3D Wrap-around LED Tail Lamp with LED Side Marker Lamps
- 16-inch Diamond cut alloy wheel design with Shark Gray paint two tone appearance expresses strength & dynamic sportiness
INTERIOR DESIGN – AMBITOUS BEAUTY
The concept of interior design is “Ambitious Beauty” which is expressed by pursuing High Contrast and Sophisticated textures and Easy to use functionality. The Interior colour, material and finish coordination is a beautiful contrast of beige and black to give a clutter-free and open feeling. The instrument panel is made in a horizontal and linear form for improved clarity of car’s sense and direction. The excellent driving visibility helps to reduce stress and contributes towards a safe drive.
- Supremacy of Luxury: Sophisticated & high-quality dashboard with real stich soft pad and woody garnish; 20.3 cm Advanced Touchscreen Display Audio; Click-Feel AC dial with Red/ Blue Illumination, High quality leather steering wheel & and shift leverand soft interior ambient lighting in front footwell and map lamp with LED interior room lamps.
- Large 17.7 cm High Definition Full Color TFT Meter for Multi-Function Driver Information Interface like Trip meter, Real-time fuel efficiency, Digital speed and an innovative G-meter
- Supremacy of Comfort: Exclusive Leather Upholstery with Contemporary Seat Design; Centre armrests & Door trims with soft pad, Rear AC Ventilation with improved Air Flow; Rear Sun Shade
· Outstanding Package – SO-KAI (INVIGORATING) COCKPIT based on Honda’s Man Maximum Machine Minimum Concept; Enhanced Visibility and Blind Spot reduction (Door mirrors mounted on door skin, Front Hood visibility suitable for India’s traffic situation, Rear visibility improvement by redesigned parcel tray & lower trunk lid, Enhanced dynamic visibility by horizontal dashboard design, Enhanced rear seat shoulder room, Best-in-class knee room & legroom to guarantee more comfort and hospitality, Top Class Trunk Capacity of 506L.
· Smart Utility – Improved Usability with storage spaces all around the car; Smartphone tray in center panel, Easy to access Cup holders in centre console, rear arm rest and 1L bottle holders in door pockets; New and convenient sub-pockets for smartphones inside the front seat back pockets.
NEWLY DESIGNED PLATFORM
- Improved High Efficiency Performance with enhanced light weight, high rigidity and collision safety.
- Increased use of Ultra High Tensile steel along with use of Super High Formability 980 MPa grade steel for first time in India as Honda, and other advanced high strength steel for increased rigidity and Weight reduction.
- Improved suspension set-up with reduced Friction for superior handling stability as well as ride comfort
- Improved Front torsional rigidity for confident driving dynamics at high speeds
- Improved Quietness & NVH using New technology like Spray Foam Sound Insulator in Body, Variable Thickness Insulator increased up to 3.5 times for Engine Undercover, and Full Double Sealing structure for Door
Supremacy of Power – Honda’s superior EARTH DREAMS TECHNOLOGY range of BS-6 compliant powertrains.
- Newly introduced 1.5L i-VTEC DOHC with VTC (Variable Valve Timing Control) petrol engine to deliver high fuel efficiency, low emission and spirited driving performance
- Offered with All New 6 speed Manual Transmission and New 7 speed CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission) with “full-open acceleration step up-shift control” and “brake operation step down-shift control” for reduced rubber-band effect
- Refined 1.5L i-DTEC diesel engine to deliver best balance of powerful performance and high fuel economy despite the application of strict BS6 norms.
- 6 Speed Manual Transmission with new sliding mesh type reverse gear for improved quietness.
- Application of advanced exhaust gas after-treatment system with NSC (NOx Storage Catalyst) and DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) to meet the challenging target of particulate matter (PM) and nitrogen oxide (NOx) emission in case of diesel engines.
- Honda’s original Silver Thin Coated DPF (STC-DPF) enables reduction of PM combustion time by 40% compared to the conventional DPF.
|Engine||Transmission||Power||Torque||Fuel efficiency*As per test data|
|1.5L i-VTEC (Petrol)||6MTCVT||89 kW [121 PS] @ 6600 rpm||145 Nm@ 4300 rpm||MT – 17.8 kmplCVT – 18.4 kmpl|
|1.5L i-DTEC (Diesel)||6MT||73 kW [100 PS] @ 3600 rpm||200 Nm @1750 rpm||24.1 kmpl|
* As Certified by ARAI under rule 115 of CMVR 1989
|ASEAN N-CAP 5-star safety rating equivalentAdvanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) BodyUltra High Tensile Strength Steel Frame with use of Super High Formability 980 MPa grade steel.6 Airbags System – Dual Front i-SRS^ airbags, Front seat i-Side^ airbags and Side curtain airbagsVehicle Stability Assist (VSA) with Agile Handling Assist (AHA^)Hill Start Assist (HSA)Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)Honda LaneWatch™ CameraTire Pressure Monitoring System – Deflation Warning System)Emergency Stop Signal||All 5 seats 3-point Emergency Locking Retractor (ELR) Seatbelts and Head RestraintsAnti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist (BA)ISOFIX compatible Rear Side Seats with Lower Anchorages & Top TetherMulti-angle Rear CameraVariable Intermittent Wiper with Headlight IntegrationPedestrian Injury Mitigation TechnologyNeck-impact injury mitigating Front Seat Head Restraints|
|20.3 cm Advanced Touchscreen Display AudioSeamless Smartphone Connectivity with Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and Weblink^17.7 cm HD Full Color TFT Meter^ with Multi-Function Driver Information Interface and G Meter^One-Touch Electric SunroofAutomatic Headlight Control with Light Sensor, Follow-Me-Home / Lead-Me-To-Car Headlamps with Auto Off TimerAuto Dimming Inside Rear View MirrorAll 4 Power Windows Auto Up/Down with Pinch GuardSeat-back Pockets with Smartphone Sub-Pockets^Steering Mounted Commander Scroll Switch^||Steering Mounted Paddle Shifters for CVTRear SunshadeAmbient Lighting and LED Interior LampsAdvanced Smart Key SystemEngine One-Push Start/ StopTouch Sensor Based Smart Keyless Access EntrySmart Electrical Trunk Lock with Keyless ReleaseWalkaway Auto Lock^Remote Engine StartAll Auto Power Windows and Sunroof^ Keyless Operation|
NEXT GENERATION HONDA CONNECT – SAFETY, CONVENIENCE AND PEACE OF MIND
- Honda City is India’s First Connected Car with Alexa remote capability and will let customers conveniently interact with their car right from the comfort of their homes.
- Equipped with Next Generation Honda Connect with Telematics Control Unit (TCU) that offer over 32 connected features
- Customers can obtain a variety of information such as vehicle position and door lock status from a remote location
- Offers multiple functions such as Auto Crash Notification & Emergency Assistance, Stolen Vehicle Tracking, Security Alert, Geo-Fence Alert and many more
About Honda City
Honda City is one of the most successful car brands in India with very high brand equity. It was first introduced in India in its 1st Generation in January 1998 and later launched as 2nd generation in November 2003, 3rd Generation in September 2008, 4th Generation in January 2014 and has cumulatively sold 8 lakh units so far. The Honda City is currently sold in 60 countries with cumulative sales of 4 Mn units globally and is the leading brand of Honda in Asia and Oceania region.
- Longest and widest sedan in its segment
- ASEAN N-CAP 5 Star rating equivalent
- India’s first connected car with Alexa remote capability
- Next Generation Honda Connect with Telematics Control Unit (TCU)
- First in segment features such as Full LED headlamps, Z- Shaped wrap-around LED Tail lamp, 17.7 cm HD full color TFT meter with G-meter, LaneWatch camera, Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) with Agile Handling Assist (AHA) and many more
You can add more to this story by commenting below.