Piaggio India today unveiled Aprilia SXR 160 designed for the discerning Indian consumer with the objective to create a new trendsetter “Crossmax Design” category leveraging new age technology. It will be manufactured at Piaggio’s Baramati factory and is slated for commercial launch in Q3, 2020.
Piaggio also showcased the European version of the Vespa Elettrica which is inspiring its approach towards electric mobility solutions to be designed for India, and to be made in India. Embodying Aprilia’s “Designed for Racers, Built for Riders” philosophy, the new SXR 160 brings to life the Crossmax design styling, sporty appeal, fun riding experience, great ergonomics and comfort.
The Aprilia SXR 160 has been designed in Italy and features an imposing stance with aerodynamic design. It is expected to set a new benchmark in India’s premium two-wheeler segment as its innovative Crossmax design will deliver a strong differentiation and drive the trend of the future. The all new Aprilia SXR 160 will come in all new 160 CC BS6 & 125 CC BS6 options with 3V Tech FI Engine technology. These will be complemented by a host of features like
- LED Twin Head and Tail Lights Technology with Daytime Eyeline Position Lamps
- Large lit up under storage area and split glove box with USB charging in the front
- Integrated dark fly screen, Raised convenient Steering Handle bar
- Large 210 Cm Multifunction All Digital Cluster including Mileage indicator
- Anti-Braking System and Disk Brake
- 12 inch, 5 spoke petal machined rim Alloy Wheels with wide pattern tyres
- Dark Chrome embellishments, Sporty eye-catching Chrome Garnish Exhaust
The all new Aprilia SXR 160 will be available in four vibrant colours – Red, Blue, White and Black and riders can also choose from a wide range of specially designed accessories like connectivity, mobile docking system
and merchandise like Aprilia helmets and apparel. Booking for SXR 160 will commence online in August 2020.
On other side, Piaggio Group’s sustainability consideration and long experience in electric mobility have provided technological solutions for increasingly sustainable and liveable urban habitat globally. The Vespa Elettrica on display which is produced in Italy, demonstrates Piaggio Group’s technological solution for Electric Mobility.
As the Indian market is witnessing a quick transition on adoption of Electric Mobility solutions, Piaggio believes that there will be strong market growth over the coming three to five years with product technological innovations and cost rationalisation. Piaggio Group in the near future would offer an excellent Electric mobility solution which will be highly differentiated and will be the unparalleled choice to environmentally conscious Indian consumers.
Shedding light on the opportunity the company sees for Aprilia SXR 160 and Electric-mobility in India, Mr. Diego Graffi, Managing Director and CEO, Piaggio India said,
India continues to remain a strategic market for us. In the past few years we have seen the changing preferences in Indian consumers. Aligned to these changes, we are proud to introduce new products which cut across categories and fulfil the needs of our customers – Aprilia SXR 160 is set to create a new category benchmark. With the growing changes in the electric two-wheeler eco-system Piaggio India is in the process of introducing innovative Electric -mobility solutions in India keeping the local consumer in mind. We are exploring multiple platforms for designing Electric-mobility solutions for India.”
In addition to these, Piaggio India also had on display
- The Limited-Edition Vespa Racing Sixties
- Vespa 2020 Facelifts – Vespa RED, Vespa SXL/ VXL Facelift
- Aprilia SR 160 and Aprilia Storm 125 with disc brakes
These are all expected to be launched in Q2, 2020. Interesting global product propositions such as Moto Guzzi V85 TT and RSV4 1100 Factory were also on display at the Piaggio Pavilion
About Vespa: Piaggio invented the Vespa in 1946. Having successfully established itself in the world-wide two- wheeler segment, Vespa was launched in India in April 2012. The Company has a state-of-the-art plant in Baramati, Maharashtra, where it manufactures the iconic Vespa alongside the newly launched Aprilia SR 150 and also manufactures a range of 3 and 4 wheeled commercial vehicles at a separate manufacturing facility in Baramati.
About Aprilia: Aprilia was born into racing and is the real sporty flagship brand for Piaggio Group. With 294 Grand Prix races won in Road Racing World Championship, Aprilia holds the record for the most wins of any European manufacturer in the history of maximum motorcycle competitions. These are joined by an impressive 54 world titles: 38 in Road Racing World Championship, 7 in Superbike and 9 in Off Road disciplines. About Moto Guzzi:
Moto Guzzi is one of the oldest and most respected brands in motorcycle history, a legendary Italian brand beloved the world over for its legendary motorcycles. Established in 1921, and acquired at the end of 2004 by the Piaggio Group, Moto Guzzi has operated continuously for 95 years at the same factory in Mandello del Lario, with its fully stocked museum on the “Eagle brand – the site is one of the most popular destinations for bikers from all over the world. The emblem of a culture and capability of building unique bikes, the Moto Guzzi models are still assembled by hand in the Mandello del Lario plant.
- Targeting the premium customers, Aprilia SXR 160 is designed by Aprilia in Italy, for India, to be a new category creator
- To be manufactured at Piaggio’s state-of-the-art facility in Baramati; bookings for Aprilia SXR 160 to commence in August 2020
- Driven by sustainability considerations and extensive heritage in electric mobility, Piaggio Group is also working on India specific futuristic Electric-mobility solutions
- Additionally, Piaggio India showcased its BS VI Vespa and Aprilia range of products, as well as its latest offerings in superbikes like Aprilia RSV4 1100 Factory & Moto Guzzi V85 TT marking its 100th year
You can add more to this story by commenting below.