Ashok Leyland, flagship of the Hinduja Group, and one of the largest commercial vehicle manufacturers in India, launched the ‘DOST+’ – the new Light Commercial Vehicle (LCV) in Bangalore, today. Ashok Leyland had entered the Light Commercial Vehicle space with the launch of the commercially successful ‘DOST’. With the launch of the ‘DOST+’, Ashok Leyland has further strengthened the DOST brand. ‘DOST+’ will address the needs of the upper end of Small Commercial Vehicle (SCV) segment in the 2T to 3.5T Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) segment and has a payload capacity of 1.475T. The ‘DOST+’ price would start at INR 5,68,360. Prices are ex – Showroom, Bangalore.
The ‘DOST+’ and DOST would co-exist, helping Ashok Leyland address a bigger pie in the LCV segment, which is poised to grow with the economy booming, focus on hub & spoke transportation model, GST implementation and growth in organized retail, ecommerce and related industries.
Speaking on the launch, Mr. Vinod K. Dasari, Managing Director, Ashok Leyland Ltd. said,
With the latest addition of ‘DOST+’ in our product family, the LCV business is poised to be an important game changer for us. We have consistently delivered on our promise of ‘Aapki Jeet. Hamari Jeet’. The DOST brand is a perfect example of our promise and has already made a mark in its segment with its growing market share.
Speaking at the launch, Mr. Nitin Seth, President – Light Commercial Vehicles, Ashok Leyland, said,
With more than 1.7 lakh DOSTs already serving in the markets today, this brand is already a runaway success for Ashok Leyland. With ‘DOST+’ joining the family, we are extending the trust and reliability of this brand to the upper segment of LCVs. The ‘DOST+’ with its superior mileage, excellent pickup, 18% higher payload, 7% more loading space and bigger, 15 inch tyres add more value to every trip made, ensuring higher earnings. With the launch of ‘DOST+’, we have stayed true to our LCV mission – to deliver to the Indian customer, contemporary products that deliver best-in-class user experience, coupled with exceptional fuel efficiency. Moreover, we have doubled the warranty on the ‘DOST+’, a reflection of our confidence in this product. With all this and more we are confident that we will delight our customers and continue the successful, winning streak with ‘DOST+’, like that of the DOST.
Other highlights from Mr Nitin Seth Speech
- Ashok Leyland covers more than 75 million passengers a day which is more than Indian railways
- The new Dost+ from Ashok Leyland offers more payload (1475Kgs), bigger tyre, and good mileage when compared to Ashok Leyland Dost.
- Ashok Leyland currently owns 15% market share in LCV segment across India
- Ashok Leyland owns 30% LCV market share in Karnataka
- The company is looking to increase its product range and volumes in India
- Ashok Leyland bought all IPRs and will be looking to introducing vehicles with capacity 2.75T to 7.5T going forward
- 1500 people are employed in the R&D department of Ashok Leyland
- Ashok Leyland is planning to increase the exports by introducing left hand drive vehicles
- Ashok Leyland’s 50% manufacturing happens in the Hosur plant.
- Ashok Leyland might introduce its first Left hand Drive vehicle in January 2018
You can add more to this story by commenting in the roads discussion forum.