Ather Energy launched their disruptive intelligent, electric scooter Ather 450 and their previously unveiled variant, the Ather 340 on June 5th 2018 (International World Environment Day). So far there is no serious competition for Ather 450 in EV space. Ather 450 is priced at Rs 1.24 L the closest rival for the bike in terms of budget and performance is the Aprilia SR 150 . If you are in the market for a premium sports scooter and ready to invest nearly about a lakh should you consider the newly launched Ather or the petrol powered Aprilia?
To keep it fair we are comparing these bikes based on the spec sheet .
In terms of power, Aprilia SR 150 has 3 hp more than the Ather 450 . But then the Torque figure of Ather 450 is almost twice of Aprilia SR 150 , Thanks to the instant torque from the electric motor which helps the 450 in bike like acceleration off the line . On the longer run , Aprilia can take over the Ather due to its more powerful engine .
In terms of dimensions Aprilia looks bigger than the Ather 450 but both bikes have same amount of ground clearance .
Tyres and wheels
Aprilia gets larger 14 inch tyres compare to the 12 inch of the Ather . However , the rear disc brake for the Ather is much bigger than the Aprilia .
Frame and suspension
Ather 450 gets a chassis that is build using Aluminium and steel to check the weight in check . its called Precision Machined Hybrid Chassis . On other hand the Aprilia SR 150 is a Monocoque Full – Steel Body Construction .
- Front suspension – telescopic forks
- Rear suspension – mono -shock
Aprilia SR 150
- Front suspension – Aircraft Derived Single Side Arm Front Suspension With Anti-Dive Characteristics
- Rear suspension – Dual-Effect Hydraulic Shock Absorber
- 107 km on full charge (ARAI ,Indian drive cycle )
- 0-100% ( Home charging ) – 4hr 18 min
- Fuel efficiency – 40 kmpl ( ARAI – India drive cycle )
- Fuel Tank Capacity – 6.5 liters
- Overall Riding Range – 260 km
You can add more to this story by commenting below.