Audi, the German luxury car manufacturer, today announced a slew of charging options and benefits ahead of the launch of the Audi e-tron 50, Audi e-tron 55 and Audi e-tron Sportback 55 on July 22, 2021. All Audi e-tron and Audi e-tron Sportback customers who buy the SUV in 2021 will receive not one, but two chargers – a 11kW compact charger and an additional wall-box AC charger that can be set up at the customers preferred location. In addition, key Audi India dealerships will be equipped with a 50kW DC fast charger, in a phased manner.
Furthermore, early bird customers can avail of complimentary charging at any Audi India dealership that is equipped with the charging facility through 2021.
Commenting on this announcement, Mr. Balbir Dhillon, Head of Audi India, said,
“The charging process is central to the everyday usability of an EV. At Audi India, we want our customers to experience the very best with the Audi e-tron and today, we are happy to introduce an array of solutions and benefits that will help make this ownership experience joyful. Our commitment goes beyond just bringing class-leading products, it extends to ensuring that customers truly have a hassle-free experience. We are continuously evaluating more options to improve the charging infrastructure in the country. We want to drive a generational shift towards EVs in India and these steps will go a long way in building the confidence of our customers and in turn, will further accelerate India’s electric mobility story.”
Audi e-tron customers can drive to a new destination every day with full knowledge of charging infrastructure enroute. Customers will get a ready reference of all the charging stations compatible with the Audi e-tron and the Audi e-tron Sportback on the ‘Chargers near me’ section of the ‘myAudi Connect’ app. The application will suggest compatible chargers nearest to the location. With a view towards faster adoption and proliferation of electric vehicle technology, this tool is also being made available on the Audi India website as well as the ‘myAudi Connect’ App under the ‘Chargers near me’ section, as a ready reference for all electric car users in India.
- Audi e-tron 50, Audi e-tron 55 and Audi e-tron Sportback 55 customers, for the year 2021, to receive a complimentary wall box AC charger in addition to the 11kW charger that comes standard with the car – a segment-first offering
- Early bird customers can avail of complimentary charging through 2021 at any Audi India dealership that is equipped with the charging facility
- Key Audi India Dealerships will be equipped with a 50kW fast charger in a phased manner
- Audi Dealers will offer, at cost, their charging facilities to all other brand electric car customers
- Audi e-tron customers can easily locate all charging stations compatible on the ‘Chargers near me’ section of the ‘myAudi Connect’ app
- In the spirit of promoting electric mobility, Audi India will open access to the ‘Chargers near me’ section of the ‘myAudi Connect’ app and Audi India website to all electric car users in India
- Audi e-tron 50, Audi e-tron 55 and Audi e-tron Sportback 55 – unique in segment with charging ports on both sides, allowing flexibility in terms of parking
- Unique combination in the segment with AC charging upto 11kW and DC charging upto 150 kW for the Audi e-tron 55 and Audi e-tron Sportback 55 and AC charging upto 11 kW and DC charging upto 120 kW for the Audi e-tron 50
You can add more to this story by commenting below.