Kia India, one of the fastest-growing carmakers in the country, today announced the commencement of bookings for its globally acclaimed, upcoming premium offering – the Kia EV6. Built on Kia’s dedicated EV platform, the Electric-Global Modular Platform (E-GMP), the EV6 marks the beginning of Kia’s EV journey in the country. The vehicle can be booked with a token amount of INR 3 Lakhs exclusively through 15 select dealerships across 12 cities in India. Customers can also log on to the Kia India website using the link – www.kia.com/in/ to book this latest game-changer product from Kia.
Tae-Jin Park, Managing Director and CEO, Kia India, said,
“The Indian automotive industry is transforming, and Kia is at the forefront of this transformation. Time and again, we have proven it through our world-class products and services that cater to not just to the unmet but also the unfelt needs of Indians. The introduction of EV6 in the country reiterates the same. The EV6 is a wonderful combination of bold design, progressive engineering, innovative technologies, and exciting electric performance. We are confident that our customers will appreciate the finest Kia offering that we are getting to the market.”
The EV6 is the most premium offering from Kia in India and is available to 100 exclusive customers in 2022 on a first-come, first-serve basis. Imported as a Completely Built Unit (CBU), the car is scheduled to launch in the country in the first week of June 2022.
The Kia EV6
The Kia EV6 is the first dedicated Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV) launched under the new Kia design philosophy ‘Opposites United’, displaying a future-oriented EV design characterized by high-tech details. It brings long-range, zero-emissions power, ultra-fast charging, and distinctive styling together to form one compelling package. The car will be available in India in exclusive GT Line trims and comes fully equipped with innovative technologies like the multi-charging system, the world’s first charging system that operates with both 400V and 800V chargers without the need of an additional controller. The list also includes key features like:
- Ultra-fast charging: Charges the vehicle from 10% to 80% in as little as 18 minutes using a 350KWh charger
- Vehicle to load: Allows the Kia EV6 to power other devices (enough to power a medium-size home AC) by employing a 2-way charging technology.
- Dual motor All wheel drive (AWD) system: Delivers superior acceleration and all-weather grip.
- Drive modes: Options for owners to choose from Normal, Sport and Eco modes that allow them to experience a significant performance & efficiency change to suit their requirements
- Smart regenerative braking system: The latest generation of Kia’s Smart regenerative braking system recuperates kinetic energy to maximize driving range and efficiency. The EV6 comes equipped with six regenerative braking levels (none, 1 to 3, ‘i-PEDAL’, or auto mode), where-in ‘i-PEDAL’ driving mode allows the car to harvest the maximum amount of energy from its brakes and enables the driver to bring the vehicle to a gentle halt without needing to push the brake pedal.
The Kia EV6 demonstrates Kia’s technological leadership through its combination of outstanding high-speed charging and exhilarating performance. The India version of the EV6 packs the 77.4 kWh lithium-ion battery pack, generating 229ps electric power in 2WD and a thrilling 325ps in AWD variant. On a single full charge, the car can travel up to 528 kilometres as per the WLTP combined cycle, keeping the range anxiety of its owner aside – one of the significant barriers to EV ownership. The acceleration of the Kia EV6 also makes it one of the most desirable EVs all over the world, advancing from 0-100 km/h in just 5.2 seconds.
The design of the EV6 is based on Kia’s new design philosophy – the ‘Opposite United’ and takes inspiration from the contrasts found in nature and humanity. The distinctive Dual LED headlamps with Adaptive Driving Beam have not only a progressive design language but also the intelligence to automatically adjust the beam to avoid dazzling oncoming vehicles. The dynamic curved Connected LED Tail Lamps with Sequential Indicators lend a sleek and futuristic look to the rear of EV6. The seamlessly designed flush auto door handles are hidden inside the door and pop out as the customer approaches with a smart key. The Kia EV6 is equipped with R-19 – 48.74 cm (19”) Crystal cut Alloy Wheels, giving the car a sporty and distinctive stance.
The Kia EV6 hosts multiple convenience features, including Panoramic Dual 31.24 cm (12.3”) Curved Displays. It consists of a 12.3” Curved Touchscreen Navigation and Curved Driver Display of the same size to offer a truly immersive experience and easier access to a wide range of information, including driving data and vehicle functionalities.
- Meridian Premium Sound System with 14 Speakers: For an exceptional immersive sound experience
- Wide Electric sunroof: Enhances the sense of roominess inside the car
- Driver & Passenger Relaxation Seats: Allows the front seats to recline at the press of a button to a zero-gravity position providing maximum relaxation
- Remote folding seats: Helps create a storage capacity of 1300 litres conveniently.
- Augmented Reality (AR) head-up display: Projects driving information on the windscreen in the driver’s line of sight. The system displays alerts from the car’s Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS), details of vehicle speed, and turn-by-turn navigation instructions
- The Smart Power Tailgate: Automatically opens the tailgate in 3 seconds when the smart key is sensed behind the car
- Shift by Wire: Change the gear position by simply turning the dial left or right
- Smart Cruise Control (SCC): Comes with Stop & Go Functionality which essentially detects the vehicle in front and adapts to its speed while on cruise control mode
Reiterating its commitment to occupants’ and pedestrians’ Safety, Kia India set another milestone with safety features in the EV6. The car comes equipped with 8 airbags as standard along with All Wheel Disc Brakes, Electronic Stability Control (ESC), Vehicle Stability Management (VSM), Hill-start Assist Control (HAC), Multi Collision Brake Assist (MCBA), Anti-lock Brake System (ABS), Brake Assistant System (BAS), Emergency Stop Signal (ESS), Front and Rear parking sensors and ISOFIX Child Anchor. The EV6 offers advanced levels of safety and convenience thanks to its enhanced suite of Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) packed with multiple assist functionalities. These functionalities help in reducing many of the inherent hazards and stresses of driving, protecting occupants and other road users:
- Forward Collision Avoidance Assist (FCA): Uses the front-view camera and radar to detect any vehicles, pedestrians, or cyclists ahead, avoiding or reducing the severity of an accident by warning the driver and braking automatically.
- Junction Turning: The FCA also includes junction turning, which assists the driver on turns by detecting oncoming vehicles on a collision course
- Rear-cross Traffic Avoidance Assist (RCTA): Warns the driver of an oncoming vehicle while reversing and automatically assists with emergency braking if a collision is sensed.
- Safe Exit Assist (SEA): Activates child lock automatically with a warning sound when an occupant attempts to open their door while a vehicle is approaching from the rear.
- Blind Spot Collision -Avoidance Assist (BCA): Warns the driver in case of a risk of collision from a vehicle in the driver’s blind spot.
- Lane Keep Assist (LKA): Ensures that the car does not drift out of the lane unwittingly.
- Driver Attention warning (DAW): Analyse the driver’s attention level and provide a warning while driving. The driver’s attention level is displayed in 5 scaled levels.
- When the level of attention becomes lower than “Low” (Level 1), a break is recommended
- Provide an alert to the driver when the leading vehicle departs during a stop
The Kia EV6 also features the latest version of Kia’s innovative connected car system ‘Kia Connect’, featuring more than 60 connected features keeping the car accessible to its owners even remotely. Kia Connect makes the drive a lot more convenient with access to some of the most useful features like:
- EV Remote Climate Control: Ensuring a pleasant climate inside the car anytime.
- EV Remote charging control: Allowing the owners to switch on/off and even schedule the charging as per need.
- Surround View Monitoring: The owner of the Kia EV6 gets access to the full range of communication, information and entertainment features that make the overall experience for the driver even more enriching.
In line with Kia Corporation’s global vision, the Kia EV6 also represents the beginning of Kia India’s long-term commitment to sustainable mobility. The car features an all-black interior with black suede seat and vegan leather bolsters. The Kia EV6 will be available in India with a choice of five exterior colours – Moonscape, Snow White Pearl, Runway Red, Aurora Black Pearl, and Yacht Blue.
Disclaimer: As the specifications are for the global model, Indian specs may vary since homologation is under process.
- · Bookings open for only 100 units of the Kia EV6 this year
- · Offers a combination of high-speed charging, sporty performance, and a range of 528 Kms
- · Top notch safety features including enhanced suite of Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS)
- · EV6 is based on Kia’s dedicated EV platform E-GMP and offers multiple innovative technologies and convenience features
- · 60+ Connected features with the latest version of Kia Connect
You can add more to this story by commenting below.