Citroën in India, has started the commercial production and rolled out the first Citroën C5 Aircross SUV, from its manufacturing facility in Thiruvallur, Tamil Nadu. The flagship SUV is the first product from the Citroën brand for Indian customers and is slated to be launched in this quarter. The start of production of the new Citroën C5 Aircross SUV in India has started after rigorous testing of the vehicle for over 2.5 lakh kilometres in different terrains and varied weather conditions across India.
Commenting on this milestone, Mr. Emmanuel Delay, Executive Vice President, Stellantis & Chairman, PCA Automobile India Pvt Ltd & PSA AVTEC Powertrain Pvt Ltd., said, “
We are excited to officially rollout the first Citroën C5 Aircross SUV, which will be the first of many differentiating products for India from the brand. There is lot of market anticipation for the new Citroën C5 Aircross SUV, which will set a benchmark in style, comfort and innovation in its segment in India. I would like to congratulate all our employees at the plants who have worked tirelessly to achieve this key milestone despite the challenges posed by the ongoing pandemic. We are looking forward to welcoming the customers to the La Maison Citroën dealership network, which means ‘the home of Citroën’ in a few weeks from now, across key cities of India.”
Today, globally, the brand’s leadership is illustrated by its “unique comfort” signature and embodied by the five key aims of the Citroën Advanced Comfort® Programme illustrated in the new Citroën C5 Aircross SUV:
1. Flying Carpet Effect for cushioning the discomfort from road bumps through the Progressive Hydraulic Cushion equipped suspension system, exclusively developed by Citroën.
2. A stress-free travel environment Cocooned in Comfort with Acoustic Windscreen & Front Window glasses, Advanced Comfort seats with memory foam and 3 individually adjustable, reclining & modular rear seats that fold flat to offer a class leading boot space.
3. Panoramic Life with brighter and airier cabin and relaxing views of the scenery outside especially with its Panoramic Sunroof (Top end variant)
4. Intuitive Technologies to simplify life on-board which include the unique Grip Control System with multiple drive surface options, Blind Spot Monitoring System, Park Assist feature which enables parking of the car with only the brake and accelerator control while the car steers itself, Foot Operated Electric Tailgate (Top end variant), Engine Stop & Start function, a 12.3 inch Digital Driver Display, a 8 inch Infotainment Touchscreen with Phone Mirroring function, Apple CarPlay™ & Android Auto amongst a host of other technological features.
5. Powerful yet refined 2.0 litre Diesel Engine and 8-speed “Efficient Automatic Transmission” with Shift and Park by wire control, that will provide fuel efficient and comfortable drive.
All of the above elements of the Citroën Advanced Comfort® clubbed together with the seamless customer experience that we offer in India are aimed to offer Products and Services created differently for the well-being of our customers and to move the society onwards.
You can add more to this story by commenting below.