Facelifted Mercedes-Benz C-class will launch in October 2018 in India comes with new petrol and diesel engines and few exterior and interior upgrades
Mercedes-Benz first showcased the updated C-class sedan at the Geneva motor show in early 2018 . Mercedes -Benz have now conformed that the facelifted Mercedes-Benz C-class will launch in India on October 2018 . The refreshed C-Class gets a host of mechanical and tech updates . Mercedes-Benz will be the introduction of new petrol and diesel engines for the facelifted model along with slight cosmetic changes, including two new colours: Mojave Silver and Emerald Green .
In addition to the sedan, a cabriolet will likely be offered . Mercedes is strongly considering to bring in the coupé variant on the high-performance 43 AMG or 63 AMG models .
New Engine details
- A new 1.5-litre turbocharged petrol engine will replace the 2.0-litre turbo-petrol motor. This downsized engine will make almost the same 184hp power output as before and a torque rating of 280Nm
- A all-new 2.0-litre, four-cylinder diesel unit which was first seen in the E 220d is now offered in the C- class , it will be offered in two tuning . The C 220d will have the same 194hp and 400Nm as the E 220d, while the twin-turbo C 250d will be replaced by a C 300d, which will make a wooping 245hp . Both these diesel engines will be BS-VI compatible.
- All versions of the C-class will be mated to a 9G-Tronic gearbox replacing the old 7G-Tronic automatic gearbox
- The cabriolet model will come with The C 300 four-cylinder petrol engine which puts out 258hp and 370Nm .
- The 3.0-litre twin-turbo V6 will power C 43 AMG and its power output has increased from 367hp to 390hp, with torque remaining the same at 520Nm
- C 63 AMG will be powered by a 4.0-litre twin-turbo V8 , with the same power outputs in 2017 model , but it will use the new 9-speed MCT gearbox seen in the E 63 S. These AMG versions could be offered in the coupé body style.
- The facelifted C- class gets newly designed bumpers and wheels and a new LED pattern for the tail-lamps.
- Inside you will get digital dials and a 10.25-inch high-resolution screen for the COMAND infotainment unit
- New-design steering wheels with the dual touchpad control system seen on the E-class and S-class facelift.
- The updated C-Class will also packs in safety and autonomous driving technology derived from the S-Class
Mercedes-Benz C-Class will be priced at the range of Rs 39.9 lakh to Rs 1.41 crore (ex-showroom Delhi).