Hero MotoCorp Ltd, the world’s largest two-wheeler manufacturer, sold 505,467 units of motorcycles and scooters in February 2021.
The company had dispatched 498,242 units of two-wheelers during the corresponding month of the previous year (February 2020).
The growth in sales – despite the ongoing challenges on account of supply chain issues that the industry is facing – has been possible due to the state of preparedness and quick countermeasures taken by the company.
Hero MotoCorp recently announced its highest-ever revenue for any single quarter. The Company reported revenue of Rs. 9,776 Crore for the third quarter (October-December 2020) of FY’21 (vs Rs. 6,997 Cr. in Q3 FY’20). The company also declared interim dividend of Rs. 65 per share amounting to 3250% and announced a special interim dividend of Rs 100 Crore @ Rs. 5 per equity share.
Hero MotoCorp remains optimistic about growth in the coming months, as a credible recovery in the Indian economy and a positive momentum towards personal mobility is likely to further strengthen the demand for two-wheelers.
With the vaccination drive also gaining pace across the country, the company expects a swift recovery for businesses and the economy in the coming months.
|Feb’21||Feb’20||YTD FY’21||YTD FY’20|
- · Hero MotoCorp, has set up a separate vertical to drive its new business of Harley-Davidson products and merchandise distribution in India
- · Global automotive expert Ravi Avalur has been appointed as the Business Unit Head of the new vertical. Ravi will report to Dr. Pawan Munjal, Chairman & CEO, Hero MotoCorp
- · The Company has also commenced wholesale dispatches of Harley Davidson products to the dealers from January 18
- · Hero MotoCorp has on-boarded 11 existing Harley-Davidson dealers in key geographies across the country
- · XPulse 200 – the adventure motorcycle from Hero MotoCorp, crossed the landmark 10,000 sales mark in Kerala, thus strongly establishing the company’s modern premium brand appeal.
You can add more to this story by commenting below.