Honda Motorcycles and Scooter India(HMSI) has issued a sales report for the month of April. According to released reports, Honda has sold 3,40,791 units of vehicles (Motorcycles+Scooters) in the month of April and has reported a year-on-year growth of 9%. Out of the total units, 1,97,801 units were scooters and 1,31,291 were motorcycles and 11,699 being the exported vehicle units.
Honda Motorcycles and Scooter India(HMSI) has also been successful in gaining 26% of Market share among all the 2 Wheelers in Indian 2 wheeler market.
Here are the few performance highlights of sales report released by HMSI:
- Honda is the highest volume gainer & market share gainer in April 2015
- Talking about the total sales, Honda has sold 3,40,791 units with a growth of +9% versus -4% of 2 wheeler industry
- When it comes to market share, HMSI domestic market share has creeped up by 2% accounting for 25.6% market share. While the combined, domestic and export market share is 23.5% which is 3% up.
- HMSI increases its volume gain, by adding 26,785 units in sales compared to 57,697 units drop in industry sales in April 2015.
- The occasion of Akshaya Tritiya drove sales of whooping 41,000 units in a single day. recording 50% sales growth year-on-year over last year.
- Honda inaugurates its 8th traffic training park, its first in South India at Hyderabad.