Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. closed the month of September 2018 with a decline in sales of about 9%.
YTD April – September 2018 sales:
Overall, Honda 2Wheelers India total YTD sales grew 6% from 33,29,045 units last year to 35,23,512 units in April-September’18. Honda’s domestic two-wheeler sales increased from 31,46,497 units last year to 32,96,651 units in the same period this year. Parallely, Honda’s exports jumped significantly by 24% to cross 2 lac units (2,26,861) mark for the first time in just 6 months compared to 1,82,548 units in first half of last year.
September 2018 sales
Honda 2Wheelers India’s total sales in September 2018 closed at 5,55,730 units which includes domestic sale of 5,20,390 units and exports of 35,340 units. Honda 2 Wheelers sold 6,01,998 units last September 2017. The company’s sales declined by 9%.
Highlights of September 2018
- Honda achieved its latest business milestone of delighting over 39 million happy customers in India.
- With increasing overseas demand, Honda’s exports crossed over 20 lac unit sales.
- Cementing its footprint in shared mobility, Honda announced business deal with VOGO (India’s fastest growing automated scooter rental platform) for 2000 scooters in Hyderabad and Bengaluru.
- To empower specially abled children in Alwar, Honda 2Wheelers India provided infrastructural support and donated special aid equipment for training and education of 360 children.
- To develop Iconic Indian Riders for National & International Motorcycle Racing Championships,
- Honda reached Aizawl for round 4 of ‘IDEMITSU Honda India Talent Hunt’. Further, Honda riders bagged 6 podiums (including 2 wins) in Round 4 of INMRC.