Honda 2 Wheelers sells 58,000 units on Ganesha Chaturthi
Popular Indian 2 Wheeler maker, Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India limited (HMSI) reported that it sold over 58,000 units in one single during the auspicious day of Ganesha Chaturthi. According to Honda 2 Wheelers sales report for the month of September, Honda saw a decrease of 2% sales when compared to 2015 sales.
The cumulative 2 wheeler sales that includes both exports and domestic sales stood at 430,732 units on September as against to 438,470 unit sales in 2014 there by showing a decline of 2% in terms of Year-on-Year growth.
Honda 2 Wheelers Sales September 2015
Honda 2 Wheelers highlights for September 2015
- HMSI sales cross 4 Lakh mark (430,732 units) for the first time in financial year 2015-2016. Automatic scooters lead with 10% growth in September 2015.
- When it comes to market share, HMSI YTD domestic market share is 27%, while domestic+exports market share is 24%
- Entering the festive season with a bang, HMSI sells over 58,000 units in single day ( Ganesh Chaturthi and Vishwakarma Jayanti) by registering a phenomenal 40% increase in year-on-year sales
- Expanding closer to customers, Honda 2 Wheelers exclusive dealership crossed 850 landmark (853 dealerships by the end of September 2015)
- Expanding financing options, Honda has entered into 3 new retail finance partnerships with 1 more nationalised bank (Andra Bank) and 2 NBFCs(Shriram City Union Finance, Muthoot Capital Services)