Honda 2Wheeler India’s total sales crossed the 4 million units mark in the nine months of FY’2019-20.
While total YTD sales closed at 40,24,154 two-wheelers ending December 2019, domestic sales stood at 37,71,457 units and exports at 2,52,697 units.
With planned production scale-up of its newly launched BS-VI models – Activa 125 BS-VI and SP 125 after the scheduled annual plant maintenance holidays, Honda closed December’19 with total 2,55,266 unit sales. This included 2,30,180 domestic sales and 22,259 exports.
Highlights in December 2019:
· Honda Motor Company Ltd. celebrated its 400 million-unit milestone in global motorcycle production. This milestone came in the 70th year since Honda started its motorcycle mass-production in 1949.
· Honda’s first two BS-VI offerings in India – Activa 125 BS-VI and SP 125 crossed 60,000 units’ dispatch landmark.
· Honda in collaboration with Indian Oil Corporation Limited launched the ‘Servo Honda’ range of engine oil exclusively for Honda two–wheelers (Servo Honda Josh for motorcycles & Servo Honda ScootoNXT for scooters).
· Empowering local youth with job-oriented technical skill training, Honda inaugurated 3 new skill enhancement centers at Bhatinda, Patiala & Ratlam taking the total count across India to 38.
· Honda inaugurated its 4th Safety Driving Education Center in Una (H.P) and conducted National Road Safety Awareness campaign for school and college students across 19 cities of India.
· With an aim to identify and develop young Iconic Indian Rider for the world, Honda conducted the third round of IDEMITSU Honda India Talent Hunt 2019 in Pune.
Brand Honda wins 11 awards
· India’s first BS-VI scooter – Activa 125 BSVI won Scooter of the Year at the 2019 MotorBeam awards.
· The Droom Pre-owned Auto Awards too recognized Honda with 7 awards – 2Wheeler OEM of the Year, Technology Innovation of the Year for eSP technology, Jury’s choice New Scooter of the Year (Activa 125 BSVI), Jury’s choice Pre-Owned Scooter of the Year (Activa), Most Popular Pre-Owned 2Wheeler (CB Shine), Buyer’s choice Pre-Owned Scooter of the Year (Activa) and Jury’s choice Pre-Owned Bike of the Year under 300cc (CB Hornet 160R).
· Honda also won the Best CSR Award in 2Wheeler category for its Safety Riding Promotion and Training Initiatives at AutoCar Awards 2020.
· Honda’s 2nd factory at Tapukara (Rajasthan) won the Gold award at Frost & Sullivan’s 19th India Manufacturing Excellence Awards. Honda’s 4th factory at Vithalapur (Gujarat) too was honored with Gold award at 6th Exceed Awards 2019 for Occupational Health Safety & Security in automobile sector.
You can add more to this story by commenting below.