Amidst multiple lockdowns by state governments due to second wave of pandemic, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. (HMSI) closed May’21 with 58,168 unit sales. This includes 38,763 domestic dispatches and 19,405 two-wheeler exports.
Prioritizing the safety & wellbeing of its stakeholders to slow down the pace of COVID-19 spread, HMSI had earlier announced a temporary halt of its production operations across all 4 plants. This period was utilized by advancing annual plant maintenance activities. However, production at all its plants (Haryana, Rajasthan, Gujarat & Karnataka) have already resumed following all COVID-19 compliance & lockdown guidelines by respective state governments.
Elaborating on gradual resumption of operations, Mr. Yadvinder Singh Guleria, Director – Sales & Marketing, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. said,
“May’21 witnessed further slowdown in sales momentum with close to 80% of the network being non-operational due to local lockdowns. The situation on ground is very dynamic with weekly announcement of lockdown extensions. We are closely monitoring the situation and with some relaxations in economic activities visible across towns as per new guidelines, we are optimistic on gradual resumption in our dealership operations caring safety & convenience of the customers. Moving forward, we shall be aligning our production to meet the market demand accordingly.”
Key highlights in May 2021:
1. Extension of warranty & Free service benefits: HMSI has announced extension of warranty, free vehicle service benefits until 31 July 2021 for those customers whose vehicle’s free service, warranty, and extended warranty was originally ending between 1 April 2021 and 31 May 2021.
2. Online Booking platform: Apart from new two-wheeler online bookings, customers can now book service appointment for their vehicle online at a convenient time-slot to minimize waiting time at service centers. Additionally, the platform also offers value added services like vehicle related enquiries, available finance schemes and exchange options etc.
3. Support to Dealers: Extending support to its authorized network, HMSI will bear full interest cost of those dealers’ inventory who were under complete lockdown for 30 days or more.
4. COVID-19 relief measures: Honda India Foundation, the CSR arm of all Honda group companies in India, earmarked a sum of INR 65 million for COVID-19 support & relief measures in 5 states of Haryana, Rajasthan, Karnataka, U.P and Gujarat.
5. Road Safety: Under the ‘Honda Road Safety E-Gurukul’ training, HMSI in association with Rotary International Tamil Nadu, educated more than 250 members (Rotarians, Rotaractors & Interactors) aged above 16 years from 19 Rotary Clubs across Tamil Nadu
You can add more to this story by commenting below.