Serving the mobility needs of the nation with speed, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. today announced the accomplishment of 5 crore cumulative two-wheeler domestic sales in the country since start of its sales operations in 2001.
HMSI made its entry with its first two-wheeler – the Activa in 2001 and the rest is history! Over the years, Honda’s Activa brand accomplished many milestones and continues to be India’s most loved scooter brand. HMSI offers India’s biggest 2wheeler model line-up catering to a vast range of customers.
Honda’s journey to gaining the trust of 5 crore customers
Creating the joy of buying for millions of Indians for over two decades, Honda gained its first 1 crore customers in the initial 11 years. Growing 3 times this speed, the company achieved the 2-crore sales milestone in just 3 years.
While the first 2.5 crore customers were added in 16 years, the next 2.5 crore customers were added with acceleration in just 5 years running to breach 5 crores customer milestone.
Sharing his perspective on achieving this milestone, Mr. Atsushi Ogata, President & CEO – Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. said,
“Serving Indian mobility needs for over two decades, we are honoured by the love and trust showcased by 5 crore customers in brand Honda. Since beginning, along with its business partners & all stakeholders – Honda has remained focused to serve our Customers with the best quality products and best after sales support. Moving forward, we hope to further expand our offerings and cater to the varied customer needs in India.”
Speaking on the historic achievement, Mr. Yadvinder Singh Guleria, Director, Sales & Marketing, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. said,
“The 5 Crore domestic sales milestone coincides with the upcoming festival season. We are humbled by this grand achievement and it is like a festival for all us at Honda 2Wheelers India. It gives us immense pride seeing our various models proudly adorning the streets spread widely across length & breadth of India covering diverse geographies and complex demographics. We thank our Customers for patronising brand Honda and reposing trust in our products and services. Being in the hearts of millions of Indians resonates the reliable companionship users enjoy with Honda.”
Honda 2Wheelers India – Looking back at the last two decades of happiness
- Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. (HMSI) is incorporated
First plant in Manesar starts production. The first model Activa makes debut
- Honda commences exports from Indian shores
- – Enters the motorcycle market with 150cc Unicorn
- – Emerges as the No. 1 brand in scooter segment led by Activa
- Diversifies in the motorcycle segment with launch of 125cc Shine
- Only 2Wheeler company to sustain its double-digit growth during world economic slowdown
- Introduces Combi-Brake System with equalizer technology – ‘An Industry First’
- Inaugurates 2nd manufacturing plant at Tapukara (Rajasthan).
- – Becomes Only Honda in Indian Two-wheeler Industry
- – Enters mass motorcycle segment (110cc segment)
- – New Technical Centre with integrated SEDBQ function inaugurated
- – Inaugurates 3rd plant at Narsapura (Karnataka)
- – Honda Eco Technology (HET) introduced for improved mileage
- – Expands capacity at 3rd manufacturing plant
- – Honda Gold Wing – GL1800 introduced in India
- – Launches 15 new models in 2015
- – Introduces first Make-in-India big bike – CBR 650F.
- Inaugurates 4th manufacturing plant at Vithalapur (Gujarat)
- Expands capacity at 3rd manufacturing plant
- – Iconic Activa becomes India’s No. 1 selling two-wheeler
- – Introduces Honda Africa Twin in India
- Historic 40 million cumulative sales milestones achieved
- – Announces investment of INR 6.3 billion in Honda’s Vithalapur Plant in Gujarat
- – Scooterization escalates to 25 million Honda scooter sales
- – Exports cross 2 million mark
- – India’s top selling two-wheeler Activa breaches historic 20 million customers’ mark
- – CB Shine crosses the 7 million customers’ mark
- – Launches its 100% digital customer loyalty program ‘Honda Joy Club’ – ‘An Industry first!’
- – Two-wheeler sales surpass 6 million mark in a single calendar year!
- – Registers all-time high in 2Wheeler exports with more than 3.5 lac unit exports in FY’18-19
- – Establishes exclusive premium big bike business vertical ‘Honda BigWing’ in India
- – Launches CB300R, its second Neo Sports Café offering in India
- – Honda’s BSVI era starts with a greener ‘#AQuietRevolution’ with all new Activa 125 BSVI and advanced SP 125 BSVI
- – Launches BSVI scooter line-up – Activa 6G, Dio, Grazia 125
- – Launches its BSVI motorcycle line-up – CD 110 Dream, Shine, X-Blade, Livo, Unicorn
- – Launches Online Booking Platform; ‘CLICK, BOOK & RELAX!’
- – Pioneers premium scooterization with India’s 1st mid-size scooter – Forza 300 in India!
- – Debuts in 180-200cc segment with – Hornet 2.0
- – Announces exports of its Next-Gen 125cc, advanced & stylish SP125 to Europe
- – Roars into the mid-size motorcycle segment – global unveiling of H’ness CB350
- – Activa becomes first scooter brand to cross 2.5 crore customers’ mark in just 20 years
- – Announces its major foray in ‘Making in India for the World’ with the new overseas business expansion vertical
- – CB500X makes its grand entry at BigWing showrooms in India
- – Introduces immersive digital experience for its customers with industry’s 1st virtual showroom in premium motorcycle category
- – Sets a new trend in 180-200cc segment with the launches of the all-new CB200X
You can add more to this story by commenting below.