Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. (HMSI) recently declared its mid-term business direction and its ambitious target of 6 million units in FY’2017-18. Starting the fiscal with a bang, Honda 2Wheelers India has set new highs!
- Highest Ever 578,929 two-wheelers sold with 34% growth in a single month!
- Domestic Market share crosses 30% mark for first time (33%)
- Domestic sales grow 33% to 551,884 units -> Cross 5.5 lac mark first time
- Honda’s ATSC sales zoom 40% to Ever highest 368,618 units-> Cross 3.5 lac mark first time
- Honda’s Motorcycle sales up 22% to 183,266 units -> NEW No. 2 in motorcycle segment
- Highest ever market share -> 33% (domestic share 6% up), 30.5% (dom + export 5% up)
- Exports jump massive 59% to 27,045 units
Speaking on the record sales in April 2017 which comes 10 days after Honda announced its targets, Mr. Yadvinder Singh Guleria, Senior Vice President – Sales and Marketing, Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. said,
April 2017 results mark a great entry for Honda into the new financial year! Honda sold a total of 578,929 two-wheelers with phenomenal 34% growth on the back of customer demand for Honda’s upgraded BS-IV portfolio. In the domestic market, Honda two-wheeler sales increased 33% to all time high of 551,884 units with over 30% market share (33%) for the first time ever. Within segments, automatic scooter sales led the momentum with 40% growth to cross 3.5 lac mark for first time ever (368,618 units) while motorcycles sales recorded robust 22% growth. Not only domestic but exports of Honda 2Wheelers India also saw a jump of close to 60% over April 2016.
Highlights of April 2017
- Mr. Minoru Kato takes charge as new President and CEO of Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd.
- Honda announces its most defining mid-term business direction to be leading in India and the World with Quality & Quantity. Sets most ambitious target of 6 million units with 20% growth in FY’2017-18.
- Leading India’s scooterization from the front, Honda 2Wheelers India rolled out the historic 1,50,00,000th (1.5 crore) Activa from its fourth plant. Activa is now India’s FIRST scooter to achieve this sales landmark!
You can add more to this story by commenting below.