Creating a new history in the Indian two-wheeler industry, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd., the undisputed leader of scooter segment, today unveiled Activa 125 BSVI – Honda’s first Bharat Stage VI compliant two-wheeler, much ahead of the April 2020 deadline. With the new Activa 125 BSVI on streets, India will witness the birth of a ‘#AQuietRevolution’,thanks tosuperior ACG starter innovation.
The all new Honda Activa 125, Honda’s FIRST BSVI two-wheeler will lead the new era of transformation towards a cleaner future. It comes with a host of Industry-first features offering more value for the customers.
Present on the occasion, Mr. Noriaki Abe, Managing officer & Chief Officer, Motorcycle Operations, Honda Motor Co. Ltd. said
“Creating new value for people worldwide through unique mobility solutions, Honda is committed to spread the joy of buying for customers globally. In India, Honda’s two-wheeler business is considerably large and we will continue to innovate for a higher level of customer satisfaction. Today, I am glad with all new Activa 125 BS VI, we bring our global benchmarks to India.”
Commenting on the unveiling of Honda’s first BSVI two-wheeler, Mr. Minoru Kato, President & CEO, Honda Motorcyle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. said
“Honda’s global vision is to lead advancement of mobility & enable people to improve their daily lives worldwide. As the forerunners of innovation & technology, we are yet again ready to lead the next revolution powered by superior technology. With the unveiling of new Activa 125 BSVI, Honda will begin this transition to BSVI emission norms in a unique ‘quiet way’.”
Speaking on Honda’s next big leap in scooterisation, Mr. Yadvinder Singh Guleria, Senior Vice President, Sales and Marketing, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. said
“Leading the transition towards a pollution free India, we are delighted to present today – the new Activa 125 BSVI ! The impressive pace at which the automatic scooters have gained popularity in India, gave us a strong conviction to lead this transformation with a scooter. Adding another surprise for our customers, for the first time in the Indian 2Wheeler Industry, Honda will offer a special 6 year warranty package (3 years standard + 3 years optional extended warranty) on Activa 125 BSVI.”
Standing true to the trust reposed by millions of customers in brand Honda’s innovations, all new Activa 125 BSVI is developed with as much as 26 new patent applications.
At the heart of Activa 125 ticks Bharat Stage VI compliant NEW Honda’s trusted 125cc PGM-FI HET (Honda Eco Technology) engine boosted by Honda Enhanced Smart Power (eSP) NEW.
New Activa 125 BSVI brings future technology to the present with a global benchmark never seen before in India – the Sophisticated , Precise & Sensitive Honda Enhanced Smart Power (eSP) NEW. A performance accelerator to the HET engine, Honda Enhanced Smart Power (eSP) technology optimizes energy output by maximizing efficient combustion and minimizing friction with a silent start & a smooth eco-friendly engine.
Honda Enhanced Smart Power (eSP) is an integration of the following :
1. Unique Honda ACG Starter NEW: sparks the #AQuietRevolution on Indian roads. It starts the engine jolt free via the same AC generator used to generate electricity and charge the battery while riding. This eliminates the need for a conventional starter motor, thus there is no gear meshing noises.
Two new mechanical features lead to engine start without applying much force – the first being efficient utlisation of decompression with slightly opened exhaust values (at the beginning of compression stroke) followed by the Swing Back feature which rotates the engine in a slightly opposite direction which allows the piston to take a ‘running start’, making it easier to start the engine with a small amount of power.
The Honda ACG starter also ensures for comfortable frequent operation of Idling Stop System NEW – an another First for Honda models in India. The Idling Stop System automatically switches the engine off at traffic light and other brief stops, eliminating unnecessary fuel consumption and resulting in lesser emission. Engine can easily be re-started with simple twist of the throttle.
2. Programmed Fuel Injection(PGM-FI) NEW : The name given by Honda to a proprietary digital electronic fuel injection system for internal combustion engines which injects the right amount of fuel in cylinder basedon specific engine data, available since the early 1980s. Direct fuel injection into the combustion chamber through nozzle generates more refined power delivery, better response to cold start.
3. Improvised tumble flow & compact combustion chamber: Honda developed the world’s first tumble flow technology through integrated die-casting process. It produces tumble flow by optimizing inlet port shape and using reverse flow phenomenon, without adding additional components leading to combustion improvisation together with compact combustion chamber.
4. Friction Reduction: Offset Cylinder, light weight compact crankshaft & piston, reduce overall engine friction & weight impact.
New digital analogue meter with Advanced Information NEW: It gets advanced with 3 New real time informatics like Range (displays distance one can travel with existing fuel in tank), Average (for overall fuel consumption display) & Real-time Fuel Efficiency for a rich riding experience. The meter displays details like Total Trip, Clock, ECO Indicator and Service Due Indicator with an On-Board Diagnostic feature of Malfunction light NEW which alerts the rider in case of serious malfunctions in the vehicle needing immediate attention.
Side Stand Indicator with Engine Inhibitor NEW (a first in scooter segment) prevents engine start while the side stand is engaged enabling a convenient and carefree ride.
In addition to redesigned 18 litre under-seat storage space, the New Activa 125 BSVI gets a front glove boxNEW which provides additional storage space.
It also comes equipped with a unique integrated dual function switch NEW for unlocking the seat & opening external fuel lidNEW offering maximum convenience to the rider.
Extending the promise of great aesthetics with brighter visibilty, Activa 125 BSVI comes with a full LED headlamp and restyled signature LED position lampsNEW. Premium chrome finish on the front and side panels complemented by embossed 3D Activa 125 logo give the scooter a new stylish personality.
Full metal body with a chiseled tail lamp & grab rail fulfil the promise of easy & reliable ride. Making every ride on new Activa 125 BSVI comfortable and convenient experience is the Combi-Brake System (CBS) with Equalizer and 3-step adjustable rear suspension.
The all new Activa 125 BSVI will be available for sale towards the end of 2nd quarter of 2019-20.
- New Advanced Engine : All new 125cc HET BSVI PGM-FI engine powered by eSP (Enhanced Smart Power)
- New Silent Start System : ACG starter ensures a silent start
- New digital analogue meter: Interactive digital analoge to share real-time informatics
- New Technology : Idling stop system & sidestand indicator with engine inhibitor
- New aesthethical value adds more to the surprise
- New Styling : Restyled LED position lamp enhancing premium style
- New signature accents : Premium front chrome chest and embossed Activa 125 logo on tail light
You can add more to this story by commenting below.