Cementing their commitment towards road safety, Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. today closed the first city chapter of the National Road Safety Awareness campaign for kids in Jaipur. Kicked off on 9th January 2019, the event was conducted at the Kapil Gyan Peeth School, Mansarovar, Jaipur.
Under this program, Honda aims to cater over 20 schools per city to educate more than 1500 students every month. Additionally, Honda will also educate adults in imparting good road safety habits.
The three-day camp (9th-11th January) witnessed an overwhelming footfall of over 2800 children who set out to imbibe the safe riding practices. Students were engaged by the means of interactive and fun yet educational activities on making Indian roads safe for riding.
Speaking on this initiative, Mr. Prabhu Nagaraj, Vice President, Brand & Communication, Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. said,
Road safety is a multi-faceted issue that requires attention from all to be effectively addressed and resolved. For Honda, it has always been a top priority globally and we aim to further strengthen this commitment in India as well. We enter 2019 with our new initiative, National Road Safety Awareness Campaign to promote safe riding habits in children. Starting from Jaipur, we aim to educate children as safety ambassadors of tomorrow and will further take this initiative on PAN India level.
Various activities aligned for the children:
- Students from 9 to 12 years were taught about two-wheelers and importance of riding gear in a fun way on specially imported CRF50 motorcycles
- Honda’s specially trained road safety instructors educated children about the do’s and don’ts while commuting in a school bus and cycling
- Specially curated pictorial representation on road safety was shown to kids of 4-5 years teaching them about the basic do’s and don’ts about good road safety habits
- Women teachers were specially targeted for female safety riding sessions empowering them with the basic knowledge about road safety rules
- Safety riding theory sessions were conducted for the kids of 13-17 years as well as teachers
- For 16+ year children, special rider training activity was executed under the guidance of Honda’s trained safety instructors
- Fun educational activities like road safety games and quizzes were conducted every day
You can add more to this story by commenting below.