Hyundai Motor India Ltd., the country’s first smart mobility solutions provider today flagged-off ‘MISSION- EMISSION IMPOSSIBLE’ – A First Zero Emission Drive with Made-In-India Fully Electric SUV – ‘Hyundai KONA Electric’ from LHASA, capital city of TIBET to Mt. Everest Base Camp in CHINA. The drive will make another Impossible Mission Possible without any emission. While creating history, Hyundai KONA Electric will become the first and only Electric SUV from India to have reached the Mt. Everest Base Camp.
A 700 Kms long drive has started off from Lhasa to an autonomous region at an altitude of 17,000 feet with temperature variations up to -12 degrees. The drive is being led by Padma Shree Awardee and a renowned mountaineer Mr. Ajeet Bajaj. The result of this challenging expedition will clear the air that Mission Emission is Possible with KONA Electric’s powerful performance, assurance of its range and capability to outperform in any weather condition across extreme geographies and demographics.
Commenting on this Mission, Mr. S.S. Kim, MD & CEO – Hyundai Motor India Ltd. said,
Hyundai KONA Electric has started the Electric Vehicle Revolution in India by brining-in long range fully electric SUV. Hyundai always stays ahead of the curve and this feat signifies the unparalleled and unperturbed performance in extreme climatic conditions, reaching the pinnacle of the earth. Hyundai has leapfrogged with this revolutionary product and created a perpetual perception change about the concept of EV’s in India. It’s an extremely proud moment for us as yet again KONA Electric has proved its mettle in the world’s toughest terrains without compromising on its performance. Today, KONA Electric embodies the most safe, secure and zero emission vehicle that can go all terrains.
Hyundai Motor India has recently announced receiving 302 Units bookings. Recently, Hyundai has also announced a slew of industry first initiatives to strengthen infrastructure support for EV’s in India.
- Hyundai Service has ensured the installation of AC 7.2KW chargers at all 15 Electric Vehicle Dealerships in 11 cities.
- Hyundai is providing 7.2 KW charger to all customers along with the car to ensure fast charging in 6 to 8 Hours.
- The Industry first ‘Vehicle to Vehicle (V2V)’ charging facility has been designed to provide customers anywhere anytime charging in Delhi, Chennai, Mumbai and Bengaluru provided by Allianz Worldwide Partners.
- To enhance charging service experience, Portable Chargers are also available (through road side assistance on Allianz Truck) in Delhi and Bengaluru.
- Emission Impossible Mission –1st Zero Emission Drive to Mt. Everest Base Camp
- India embraces KONA Electric as the ‘Future of Mobility’ with over 302 bookings since its launch in India
You can add more to this story by commenting below.