Indian Motorcycles, America’s First Motorcycle Company, set a new standard for motorcycling with the unveiling of the FTR™ 1200 S and FTR™ 1200 S Race Replica. The FTR platform proudly breaks new ground and answers the call of enthusiasts in India anxiously awaiting its debut. Indian Motorcycle® also tied up with Orix India for leasing luxury bikes to bike enthusiasts.
The new FTR™ 1200 S and FTR™ 1200 S Race Replica takes designing and styling cues from the championship-winning FTR™ 750 race bike. The platform delivers an American motorcycle with a flat tracker style and performance of a powerfully new liquid-cooled 1203cc V-twin engine to back it up.
On the occasion of the new FTR™ 1200 S and FTR™ 1200 S Race Replica launch, Mr. Pankaj Dubey, Managing Director and Country Head, Polaris India Pvt. Ltd., said
“Our vision from the beginning was to be more than a traditional American V-twin brand. We continually seek to broaden Indian Motorcycle’s reach to a wider range of riders, and FTR represents a significant step forward in that strategy. With the launch of FTR™ 1200 S and FTR™ 1200 S Race Replica we now have a stylish motorcycle which has the DNA of flat track racing and is designed for the street. Its iconic looks, technological innovations, is quite a head turner among bike enthusiasts. The new platform is a key component in the company’s broader mission to expand its global appeal and reach among new riders. Indian Motorcycle® with the launch of new FTR™ 1200 S and FTR™ 1200 S Race Replica brings you an idea of what the future is going to be like in the most sought after touring segment for bike enthusiast. The new platform underwent extensive development and testing to ensure it meets Indian Motorcycle’s high quality standards and
performs at the highest levels. This is an extremely exciting platform for us, and after investing such a significant amount of time, expertise and energy in the design process, it’s an incredible feeling to finally show these motorcycles. We have partnered with Orix India making it possible for all bike enthusiasts who could not own an Indian bike earlier, now have an opportunity to easily lease the bike through Orix India.”
Commenting on the launch, Mr. Sandeep Gambhir, MD & CEO of ORIX India said,
ORIX is India’s largest shared mobility solution provider with B2B Car Rental, Car Leasing Company and B2B Employee Transportation provider across all major locations. With this industry first initiative, ORIX aims to provide today’s motorcycle enthusiasts with the flexibility to fulfil their aspirations at a fraction of cost. It has always been ORIX’s endeavor to take customer satisfaction and experience to the next level, and in partnership with Indian Motorcycles, we hope to help our customers achieve their childhood dreams of owning their favorite super bikes in the most economical and enjoyable way.”
- Fully adjustable front and rear piggy-back suspension with preload, compression, and rebound adjustments so riders can perfectly match the bike to their personal riding style
- 4.3-inch customizable Ride Command LCD touch screen with Bluetooth for easy mobile device pairing
- Lean-angle sensitive stability control, ABS, traction control, and wheelie mitigation control for improved confidence and control
- Three Ride Modes (Sport, Standard, Rain) with unique throttle response and traction control intervention levels
- The Indian® FTR™ 1200 S and FTR™ 1200 S Race Replica are priced at INR 15,99,000 and INR 17,99,000 (Ex-Showroom) respectively
- R. Madhavan who is known for his love of two-wheelers graced the occasion of the FTR1200 S launch.
- Indian Motorcycle® ties up with Orix India for leasing luxury bikes to bike enthusiasts
You can add more to this story by commenting below.