Mahindra launches KUV100 in India at INR 4.42 lakhs
Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (M&M), India’s leading SUV manufacturer, today launched its much awaited compact SUV – KUV100 (pronounced as KUV ‘1 double Oh’), the young SUV. The KUV100 combines aggressive styling and an SUV stance with refined and stylish interiors, ample space to comfortably seat 6 passengers, thoughtful safety features such as ABS with EBD standard across the range, dual airbags optional from the base variant and ISOFIX mounts for a child seat on the rear seat, with peppy performance from both petrol and diesel engines, high fuel efficiency and accessible technology making it an irresistible and aspirational offering for those eager to make a unique style statement. Available at Mahindra dealerships across India from today, the KUV100 starts at an attractive price of Rs. 4.42 lakhs (ex-showroom Pune for the K2 petrol variant) and Rs. 5.22 lakhs (ex-showroom Pune for the K2 diesel variant).
Built on an all-new monocoque platform and designed in-house with contemporary urban crossover cues the KUV100 sports a design language that is unique. The sculpted exterior with sharp lines, prominent hood, high beltline and dynamic design, aggressive front fascia, chiseled muscular body and large square wheel arches establish its dominating road presence and lends it the SUV stance. Further, its unique wrap around sunglass like headlamps, trendy daytime running lamps, chrome accented fog lamps, spider-design alloy wheels, and double barrel tail lamps all take the cool quotient a notch higher. The refined interiors aptly compliment the exteriors with their spacious and stylish feel, unique flexi 6 seating capacity, intuitive features and innovative storage spaces.
Speaking at the launch Dr. Pawan Goenka, Executive Director, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd said,
The launch of KUV100 is a defining moment in the automotive journey of Mahindra. KUV100 is our first foray into ground up petrol engine and with it we are defining a new SUV sub-segment and targeting a new customer group. Yet another ‘Make in India’ product, the KUV100 aptly represents our ‘Rise’ philosophy in action, as our development team used alternative thinking and challenged the limits to deliver a vehicle that is poised to be nothing less than a game changer for us. We are entering a new orbit and hope to deliver yet another icon, yet another dream SUV
Pravin Shah, President & Chief Executive, (Automotive) Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd., while speaking at the launch in Chakan said,
This is a very proud moment for us, as the KUV100 turns a new leaf in Mahindra’s evolution in the SUV segment. Being the market leader in the SUV space, it has always been our endeavour to offer breakthrough products and category creators and we have consistently done that, be it with the Scorpio or the XUV500 and TUV300 more recently. Being a listening organization, we identified that today’s youth would want an SUV that helps them stand out, that reflects their personality and enhances their lifestyle. I believe the KUV100 will appeal to youth and first time car buyers with its aggressive styling, trendy interiors, long feature list and attractive price point and emerge as a winner.
Under the hood, Mahindra KUV100 is powered by the advanced mFALCON, an all-new engine family with options of both petrol (mFALCON, G80) and diesel (mFALCON, D75). The 1.2L, 61Kw (82 bhp), multi-point fuel injection and dual VVT petrol engine and the 1.2L 57.4 Kw (77 bhp) turbo-charged diesel engine with common rail direct injection technology, both deliver high, low-end torque for peppy performance. Further, with a fuel efficiency of 25.32 km/l (ARAI certified), the KUV100 is also India’s most fuel efficient diesel SUV.
While cars can seat only 4 or 5 passengers, the KUV100 lets you change the seating configuration as per your convenience with the unique, 1st in class flexi-6 seater option to seat 6 passengers quite comfortably. This flexible 6th seat can also be converted to a large armrest for the driver and co-driver. KUV100 is also available in a 5-seater option.
The KUV100 is all set to create new benchmarks in safety in this price segment with ABS with EBD standard even on the base variant. Not just that, dual airbags are available on optional variants from the base variant as well and as standard on the top end variant. KUV100 is ready ahead of time to meet the upcoming 2017 safety regulations (applicable to KUV100 in 2019).The vast array of safety features include ISOFIX mounts for child seat on rear seat, a “body cage” of ultra-high strength steel that provides enhanced safety to the occupants, ELR seat belts with emergency locking retractors, speed-sensing auto door locking and auto-unlocking in the event of a crash, automatic hazard lights on panic braking and dual rear fog lamps. Peace of mind is guaranteed with an excellent warranty of 2 years/unlimited kms.
Customers can choose between 7 variants (K2, K2+, K4, K4+, K6, K6+, K8), petrol and diesel engine options, 5/6 seater options and 7 exciting colours – Fiery Orange, Flamboyant Red, Aquamarine, Pearl White, Dazzling Silver, Designer Grey and Midnight Black. Check out all the photos of Mahindra KUV100 colors.
All you need to know about Mahindra KUV100 (Overview)
Dynamic Design, Aggressive SUV Stance and a Dash of Style:
The exterior design mirrors today’s youth and their aspirations, with its confident stance, focussed expression in the front underlined by the DRLs, the body creases reflecting modern dynamism, and all the accessories such as the cool and trendy wraparound sunglass-inspired headlamps and the chrome accents that accentuate the cool quotient of the KUV100.
- Sculpted bonnet
- Muscular body lines and bold undercuts
- Unique sunglass-like wraparound headlamps
- Double-barrel tail lamps
- Spider-design alloy wheels
- Clenched fist-inspired ORVMs
- Unique high-placed rear door handles
- Stylish roof rails
- Sporty rear spoiler
- Dual-tone rear bumper with sporty mud-flaps
- Chrome accents on front fog lamps and dual rear fog lamps
- Body side cladding
Refined, Stylish and Spacious Interiors:
The interiors of the KUV100 are designed for the young, stylish and intuitive, with all the requirements just a touch or a knob away. The spacious interiors can comfortably accommodate up to 6 people.
- Refined and stylish, dual-tone interiors with piano-black inserts
- Stylish, floating dashboard design
- Joystick-like gearshift
- Sporty front seats with integrated headrests and see-through bezel
- Premium quality fabric upholstery
- Mood lighting inside the door handles
- Sculpted steering wheel with bolsters
- Twin-pod instrument cluster
- Diamond-shaped outer AC vents
Under the hood, Mahindra KUV100 is powered by the all-new mFALCON petrol and diesel engines. Named after a bird of prey, the mFALCON is a compact lightweight engine built to deliver peppy performance, much like its namesake.
mFALCON G80 Petrol Engine
mFALCON D75 Diesel Engine
- High-tech, all aluminium engine
- Dual Variable Valve Timing for better fuel efficiency & performance
- Excellent low-end torque for quick acceleration
- Displacement: 1198 cc
- Max. power: 61 kW (82 bhp) @ 5500 rpm
- Max. torque: 115Nm @ 3500~3600 rpm
- Fuel efficiency: 18.15 km/l
- Turbocharged, Common Rail Direct Injection technology
- Excellent low-end torque for quick acceleration
- Displacement: 1198 cc
- Max. power: 57.4 kW (77bhp) @ 3750 rpm
- Max. torque: 190Nm @ 1750-2250 rpm
- Fuel efficiency: 25.32 km/l, India’s most fuel efficient SUV
Superior Ride and Handling:
The Cayman Dynamics-tuned suspension delivers car-like ride and handling. The KUV100 comes equipped with an Independent McPherson strut front suspension and a semi-independent twist beam rear suspension.
High on Safety:
KUV100 is ready ahead of time to meet the upcoming 2017 safety regulations (applicable to KUV100 in 2019).
- ABS and EBD standard across all variants
- Dual airbags
- ISOFIX mounts for child seat on rear seat with child safety locks on rear doors
- Robust monocoque construction
- 1st in class Dual Rear Fog Lamps
- Automatic Hazard lights on panic braking
- Engine immobilizer and security alarm
- Anti-slip clips for driver side floor mat
Accessible Technology Features
- 1st in class (in diesel) Power/ECO Mode – choose how you want to drive
- 1st in class Micro-Hybrid Technology (Engine Start Stop) for higher fuel efficiency and lower emissions
- Infotainment with Driver Information System
- Slick TFT display
- Bluetooth audio and hands-free calling
- Steering-mounted audio and phone controls
- BlueSenseTM App compatibility
- Follow-me-home headlamps
- Lead-me-to-vehicle headlamps
- Electrically adjustable ORVMs
- Remote keyless entry
Comfort and Convenience Features:
Under-seat storage space: When you live the SUV life, you need ample space for cargo. Pull up the co-driver seat and you’ll discover just that. Here, you can tuck away all the everyday essentials you’ll need when you’re touring the country.
Under-floor storage space: Need even more storage space? The KUV100 even features a flat-floor storage in the 2nd row. This cleverly designed space lets you stow away those soiled clothes and shoes after your jaunt in the off-roads.
- Height-adjustable driver’s seat
- 243 litres boot space (expandable to 473 litres)
- Unique flat-folding rear seat
- Adjustable headrests for all 3 passengers in the second row
- Cooled glove box
- Sunglass holder
- Tiltable electric power steering
- Puddle lamps on all doors
- Gear indicator on cluster
- LED interior roof lamp
- Driver-side coin holder
- Cup-holders in 1st & 2nd row armrests
- 1 litre bottle-holder in all 4 doors
- Illuminated key ring
- 12V power outlets for first & second row