Maserati will be offering its customers and teams the MC20 GT2.
MC20 GT2 is based on the road version, from which it inherits its best-in-class specifications. These include the innovative Nettuno engine with new Maserati Twin Combustion (MTC) technology, double-wishbone suspension with semi-virtual steering axis and carbon fibre monocoque.
Maserati’s return to the track in GT competitions represents the ideal link between the brand’s new era and the victories achieved by the frequently victorious MC12 in the FIA GT Championships from 2004 to 2010.
Specifically, to highlight the link between the MC12 and MC20, at the 24 Hours of Spa – won three times by the MC12 (in 2005, 2006 and 2008) – Maserati is ushering in the new Maserati Corse era with an experience dedicated to the glorious milestones in its sporting history.
In the words of Davide Grasso, Maserati CEO:
“We are driven by our passion, both on the road and on the track. We have a long history of world excellence in motorsport and we are extremely proud to race with the extraordinary MC20. Racing has always been Maserati’s natural habitat and now, both in the Fanatec GT2 European Series Championship and in the Formula E Championship, this brand is making a new start from its roots to build the future”.
Jean-Marc Finot, Senior VP, STELLANTIS Motorsport, stated:
“Maserati Corse is bringing the link between the Formula E factory program and our road cars with the MC20 GT2. This new step is completing the legacy and the legitimacy of Maserati in Motorsport. The MC20 is a fantastic road legal car. We are happy that our passionate customer will enjoy racing with it”.
Maserati GT2 – Features and technical specifications
- Single-seater non-road-homologated race car
- Maserati Centro Stile design
- Width/Height (mm) 2020* x 1220*
- Dry weight to be determined in BoP
Complies with FIA race safety requirements
- FIA-homologated FT3 120 L fuel tank
- FIA-spec fire extinguisher
- Maserati Nettuno
- V6 90° twin turbo
- 3000 cc
- Power output to be determined in BoP (630-hp base engine under development)
- Maserati Twin Combustion (MTC) Twin Spark with TJI double combustion control
- Dry sump
- 2WD 6-speed sequential racing gearbox with paddle shifters
- Racing clutch and limited-slip self-locking mechanical differential
- MC20 GT2 racing kit bodywork
- High-performance aerodynamics
- Multi-adjustable rear wing
- High downforce
- LED headlamps
- FIA-approved rain light
- Lexan front and side windows
- Ultra-light carbon fibre central monocoque
- FIA-homologated safety roll cage
- 3/4 on-board air jacks
- Racing callipers and ventilated racing brakes
- Bespoke brake cooling
- Bespoke forged 18” aluminium rims
- Centre lock system fittings
- Slick tires
- Double-wishbone with semi-virtual steering axis
- Adjustable racing dampers
- Adjustable front and rear anti-roll bars
- Adjustable racing pedal box
- Adjustable steering column
- 6-point racing safety belt
- Multi-functional carbon-fibre steering wheel
- Rear-view camera display (optional)
- In-car camera for video recording (optional)
- Dash and data acquisition system
- Driving performance optimisation display (optional)
- Air conditioning
- Tyre pressure monitoring system (optional)
- Adjustable racing ABS and traction control
You can add more to this story by commenting below.