India’s largest luxury car maker Mercedes-Benz today launched the much awaited A-Class Limousine in the Indian market, redefining the limousine portfolio and adding new ownership benchmark for the entire industry. The all-new A-Class Limousine is the longest and tallest in its segment. Extremely sporty and equipped with a high level of features and latest technology enrichments the new A-Class, strengthens the limousine offering of Mercedes-Benz. In addition, Mercedes-Benz rolled-out the Mercedes-AMG A35 4MATIC, combining fun to drive and the adrenaline experience associated with an AMG, at the same time adding the practicality of daily usage.
Both these highly anticipated models were rolled-out for the Indian market from Mercedes-Benz India’s state-of-art production facility in Chakan, Pune by Martin Schwenk, Managing Director & CEO and Piyush Arora, Executive Director, Operations.
Commenting on this important product roll-out Martin Schwenk, Managing Director & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India stated,
“We are glad to introduce the highly anticipated A-Class Limousine to the Indian market. The A-Class Limousine imbibes all that is core to a Mercedes-Benz product and promises the new generation Indian customers a car that is ‘just like them’. With the A-Class Limo we are offering today’s young and successful luxury car customer a very stylish and sporty car that is very comfortable, highly tech-laden, extremely practical in addition to a hassle free ownership experience driven by an industry first 8 years warranty on engine and transmission. We are confident the A-Class Limo will set a new benchmark in the segment and attract a lot of new customers to the Three Pointed Star.”
“We are equally thrilled to roll-out the first-ever ‘AMG 35 series’ for the Indian market with the AMG A 35 4MATIC. This is also the second AMG model we are locally manufacturing from our production facility, underlining our growing focus on the AMG brand in India and our long-term commitment to our AMG customers. We want the AMG brand to play an even larger role in our overall product offering in India. With as many as seven new AMGs planned this year, we are strongly placed to maintain our firm leadership in the performance motoring segment in India.” Mr. Schwenk added.
The AMG brand over the years has become synonymous with performance motoring in India and remains highly aspirational. The decision to locally produce the second AMG in India underlines Mercedes-Benz’s clear roadmap for the Indian market and the company’s long-term strategic commitment to the Indian customers.
Commenting on the localization of the AMG A 35 4M, Piyush Arora, Executive Director, Operations, Mercedes-Benz India stated, “After the overwhelming market response to our first-ever locally made AMG that has now become a trendsetter, we are extremely delighted to roll-out the second AMG in India- the AMG A 35 4MATIC. This is yet another new production milestone in our India journey, further deepening our commitment to the Indian market. The decision to roll-out the AMG A 35 4MATIC strongly reiterates our significant manufacturing prowess and innovation in manufacturing, developed over the last two and half decades. We are glad to offer world-class products to our Indian customers with substantial local value addition, in the shortest possible time that has created new industry benchmark.”
A-Class Limousine customer profile and #JustLikeYou campaign:
The all-new A-Class Limousine blends style and substance in a unique way and promises to deliver the best and the most intuitive connectivity features, exciting and sporty performance, luxury features and sporty looks. The A-Class Limousine is a car that suits the personality of the young successful Indian youth who can be a luxury dweller, an aspiring professional with a taste for luxury or even a driving enthusiast who wants a dynamic car, without compromising on luxury and practicality. The A-Class Limousine is so versatile that it can become the reflection of one’s own personality; in a way it becomes #JustLikeYou.
Mercedes-Benz India has also launched a 360 degree innovative Integrated Marketing Campaign titled #JustLikeYou across print, digital and social media, amplifying the much awaited arrival of the latest Star from Mercedes-Benz in India.
Industry first 8 years/unlimited kilometer extended warranty on Engine & Transmission:
Mercedes-Benz with the launch of the new A-Class will also offer an ‘industry first’ up to 8 years/unlimited km warranty for Engine & Transmission. The standard warranty for the entire vehicle will be up to 3 years/unlimited km is also the best-in class.
· The warranty will cover repairs to the engine, starter motor, alternator, turbo charger, ECU, Transmission, Torque convertor and TCU
· It will be valid across all dealerships in India and can be made fully transferable to the next owner
· The 8 years extended warranty on engine & transmission will ensure the highest Residual Value for A-Class Limousine customers
2021 Mercedes me connect in the A-Class Limousine:
The 2021 Mercedes me connect in the A-Class Limousine now offers 3 distinct new features and redefines connectivity:
1. Alexa home integration with Mercedes me connect | 2. Google home Mercedes me connect
3. Parking Solution POIs in navigation system
Alexa Home Integration:
Any conversation with Alexa promises to be more fun as the systems connect with customers Mercedes Benz via cloud and provide real time updates. This feature can be used from an Alexa Echo device setup at home, office or also from phone’s Alexa App. Some examples that one can command, “Alexa, Ask Mercedes to set a reminder for evening dinner” or “Alexa, Ask Mercedes to unlock to take a courier delivery” or “Alexa, Ask Mercedes to turn on the climate control”
Google Home Integration:
As an alternative, Google Home integration is also offered for Google home users. In a similar way, once the Mercedes me connect is linked to Google Home, users can start issuing commands to the device and get real time updates about the vehicle, sitting at home
Parking Locations (POIs) in vehicle or in Mercedes me App:
Mercedes-Benz India offers in the A-Class Limousine, the new Parking solution, which shows Parking lots available across different parts of the cities. The Parking POIs (Points of interest) can be easily spotted in the vehicle’s navigation system or even in the Mercedes me App maps section.
Features of Parking solution –
· Off-street structured parking locations are visible in Navigation system
· POIs include public parking like malls, buildings, paid parking lots, etc.
· Added value by providing information on bifurcation of covered parking and non-covered parking (separate icons)
· Customer can select a parking lot on the Mercedes me App and can push the location to the vehicle with a single touch
Proper Luxury limousine with no compromise on interior space & headroom
· The new design complements the sporty looks
· The equipment offering, both on the outside and in the inside makes it a worthy addition to Mercedes’ famed limousine family
· The new A Limousine truly reflects the tenets of its elder siblings the C-Class, E-Class and S-Class Limousines.
· The striking front section exudes an air of self-confidence
· The typical energetic look and thus the recognition value are highlighted by the new generation of headlamps– with an impressive high-tech appearance.
· The profile of the luxury limousine has an engaging appearance. The balanced and precisely defined proportions appeal with their stretched lines and large wheelbase.
· The progressive design and the elaborate equipment line substantially enhances the car’s appeal
· From every perspective the excitement and high-quality technology associated with A-Limousine are intensified.
· The interior combines sportiness with an even more generous sense of space.
· It meets the highest of aesthetic standards and adds this to a versatility of design preferred by young customers.
Highlights of the latest features and technologies on-board:
New A-Class is leaps ahead of its predecessor and competitors. It offers way more value to customers with a host of features like:
· NTG 6 with MBUX | Mercedes me connect | HD Media Display | Autonomous active brake assist | Complete digital instrument panel | Media display with touchscreen
· In addition, for occupants’ comfort, features like two zone air conditioner, rear seat armrest, front wireless charger, touchpad and a panoramic sunroof are provided
AMG A 35 4MATIC: Exterior Highlights
· The grille with twin louvers, the AMG front bumper with flics on the air intakes, a front splitter and silver chrome trim elements are distinguishing AMG design features on the A 35
· The latest technology Multibeam headlamps give sharp emotional appeal to the sleek sloping front
· The all new rear adaptive LED tail-lamps enhance the sporty look, complimented by rear spoiler and two twin diffusers for efficient aerodynamics
· The round exhaust with chrome elements and curtain element in the bumper enhance the sharp characteristics.
AMG A 35 4MATIC: Interior Highlights
· Mercedes-AMG is the most inviting across the offering. The flat bottom steering wheel in nappa leather, twin digital displays (widescreen) and attractive diffusers give the cabin a modern look
· The ergonomically contoured sport seats in DINAMICA microfibre with red stitching enhance the interior of new Mercedes-AMG A 35 4MATIC
Other key feature highlights of the AMG A 35 4M:
· Burmester® surround sound system | Adaptive AMG suspension
· AMG SPOKE WHEELS 18″ ALL ROUND
· PARKING PACKAGE | Active park Assist
Colour | Upholstery | Trim combination:
A 200 & A 200 d:
· Polar White | Mojave Silver | Mountain Grey | Cosmos Black | Denim Blue | Iridium Silver
AMG A 35 4MATIC:
· Polar White | Mojave Silver | Mountain Grey | Cosmos Black | Denim Blue | Iridium Silver | Sun Yellow (On special request)
Ex-showroom price: A-Class 200 (Petrol): Rs. 39.90 lakhs | A-Class 200d (Diesel): Rs. 40.90 lakhs | AMG A 35 4 MATIC: Rs. 56.24 lakhs
All prices of A-Class Limousine are introductory and will be upwardly revised by Rs. 1 lakh from 1st July, 2021
- Continuation of AMG localization reiterates the world-class production prowess of Mercedes-Benz India and a growing focus on the AMG portfolio
- First time the ‘AMG 35 series’ is launched for the Indian customers
- Only feature rich top-end variant launched in the A-Class Limousine, as customers expect the best from the brand
- First time in the Indian auto industry: 8 year warranty for Engine & Transmission is offered as a standard for the A-Class Limousine
- Overwhelming customer response to the A-Class Limousine even before launch; April and May deliveries already sold out
- AMG A 35 4MATIC is the 12th Locally Manufactured model from Mercedes-Benz India
- AMG A 35 4MATIC is the second AMG to roll-out of the assembly lines at Mercedes-Benz India’s production facility in Chakan, Pune
- Mercedes-Benz India now produces 12 CKD models across body shapes in its state-of-art production facility in Chakan, Pune
- High flexibility of the production facility with NGCs, Sedans, SUVs, and AMGs to be manufactured in one facility
- The AMG portfolio in India now comprises the 35, 43, 53, 63, and GT series of high performance vehicles across different body shapes
You can add more to this story by commenting below.