India’s largest luxury car manufacturer, Mercedes-Benz today announced an exciting addition to its Dream Car portfolio – the new C-Class Cabriolet. With this new sporty two-door Cabriolet, Mercedes-Benz India also introduces a completely new BS VI petrol engine. The M 264 four-cylinder motor churns out 190kW, which allows the C 300 to attain 100 km/h from standstill in just 6.2 seconds. The new C 300 Cabriolet comes with a host of external and internal enhancements to offer an enjoyable driving experience. The new C-Class Cabriolet was launched by Mr. Michael Jopp, Vice President, Sales & Marketing Mercedes-Benz India.
Mr. Michael Jopp, Vice President, Sales & Marketing Mercedes-Benz India said,
Following the successful launch of the new C-Class, we are glad to introduce the stylish and suave new C-Class Cabriolet, which further extends the C-Class range with open top motoring. The new C-Class Cabriolet truly redefines open top motoring for those ardent enthusiasts who seek driving performance all year round. We are certain that the new C-Class Cabriolet will offer enhanced luxury and comfort to our customers and will continue to delight them. This fascinating cabriolet is aimed at the young target audience who enjoy driving an open-top luxury car.
Mr. Jopp added,
Bringing in the latest products from our fascinating global portfolio is key to our success and has been highly applauded by our discerning customers. Be it, drop top cabriolets, stylish coupes and jaw dropping AMGs, we believe in offering our patrons and brand enthusiasts the best of driving performance and exquisite products. The introduction of the C-Class Cabriolet reiterates our ‘top of the pyramid’ strategy for the Indian market. We aim to continue our product offensive in India.
The C-Class Cabriolet is efficient and aerodynamic with the roof open, as well as closed, due to the reduction in aerodynamic drag, which also saves fuel. Innovative equipment such as the AIRCAP system noticeably reduces the airflow in the interior. The exterior design of the C-Class cabriolet is characterised by a striking front end design with sporty bumper and diamond grille with the central Mercedes star. The new Cabriolet comes with MULTIBEAM LED headlamps with pixel-specific beam range and coverage control – this is currently the most innovative light and sight system offered by Mercedes-Benz.
Mercedes-Benz C-Class Cabriolet Specifications
|Performance Data||C-Class Cabriolet C 300|
|Cylinder arrangement/number||4/in line (BS VI)|
|Power||190 kW (258 hp) at 5800-6100 rpm|
|Peak Torque||370 Nm at 1800 – 4000 rpm|
|Acceleration (0-100 km/h)||6.2 s|
|Top Speed||250 km/h|
The interior of this model has been significantly enhanced with a media display screen with 10.25-inch screen size and new generation telematics. New generation steering wheels with touch control buttons make control of numerous functions easier. The optional 64 colour ambient lighting further accentuates the interiors, along with the all-new superior open-pore walnut wood trim. The vehicle also offers Smartphone Integration, which supports Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
The car comes with stylish 17-inch, 5-large spoke light-alloy wheels. The new C-Class Cabriolet introduces two new metallic paint finishes — “Mojave Silver” and “Selenite Grey” and one special paint “Designo Selenite Grey Magno”.
Mercedes-Benz C 300 Cabriolet Features
- All new EU6 engine (C 300) with 10kW higher power compared to its predecessor
- Multibeam headlamps
- New alloy wheel design
- New generation steering wheel
- All new telematics NTG 5.5 with 10.25-inch screen media display
- Smartphone integration package
- Ambient lighting with 64 colours
- Brown open-pore walnut wood trim
- New exterior paint options
Cost of Ownership of the new C-Class Cabriolet starts at just Rs. 67,000 for a period of 2 years.
The new Mercedes-Benz C-Class Cabriolet is priced starting INR 65.25 Lakhs ex-showroom, all India
- The all new M 264 BS VI petrol engine churns out 190kW; and helps the Cabriolet accelerate from 0 to 100 km/h in just 6.2 seconds
- Innovative special equipment such as the AIRCAP system noticeably reduces the airflow in the interior
- The new Cabriolet comes with MULTIBEAM LED headlamps with pixel-specific beam range and coverage control
- The interiors have been significantly enhanced, with new media display screen with 10.25-inch screen size and new generation telematics, NTG 5.5
- Ambient lighting in 64 colours accentuates the upholstery of the C-Class Cabriolet interiors along with all-new high quality open-pore walnut wood trim
- The new C-Class Cabriolet introduces two new metallic paint finishes “Mojave Silver” and “Selenite Grey” and one special paint “Designo Selenite Grey Magno”
- The new Mercedes-Benz C-Class Cabriolet is priced starting INR 65.25 Lakhs ex-showroom, all India
You can add more to this story by commenting below.