Mercedes-Benz Celebrates 70 Years of India’s Independence; Launches Special GLC
The country’s largest luxury car maker Mercedes-Benz today announced the launch of a special GLC ‘Celebration Edition’ to mark the 70th anniversary of India’s Independence and also the successful run of the GLC in the Indian market, since its debut in June 2016. Continuing the winning streak of GLC in India, the Mercedes-Benz ‘Celebration Edition’ is an exclusive product as it will be available in limited numbers
only. The GLC ‘Celebration Edition’ offers sporty exterior and a plush luxurious interior that enhance the car’s stunning and dynamic looks and luxury quotient. It is the perfect product for a customer who aspires to own a unique SUV, which is a combination of sportiness and luxury. With this launch, Mercedes-Benz India adds yet another exciting paint option in the GLC series in India- the ‘Designo hyacinth red’. The GLC
‘Celebration Edition’ was launched by Roland Folger, Managing Director and CEO, Mercedes-Benz India, and will be available across all Mercedes-Benz dealerships.
Roland Folger, Managing Director & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India said:
We are glad to launch the GLC ‘Celebration Edition’ to commemorate India’s 70th Independence day and also celebrate the SUV’s overwhelming success in the Indian market since its debut, a year ago. The GLC underscores our philosophy of introducing world-class products from our global portfolio, for our discerning Indian customers. The sporty exterior and interior accessories offered in the ‘Celebration Edition’ enhances the car’s striking appearance. We are positive that the ‘Celebration Edition’ will delight the customers who desire to make the best of every ground. With the launch of GLC ‘Celebration Edition’, Mercedes-Benz celebrates its long-standing relationship with the Indian customers.
Mr. Folger further added,
Ever since its launch, the GLC has won several hearts and minds and remains a key product in our diversified portfolio. We have seen a growing penchant for luxury SUVs amongst the luxury car customers in India and the GLC is a vital addition to our product offering. GLC has cemented Mercedes-Benz’s strong presence in the luxury SUV segment in India and has emerged as the highest selling SUV in the portfolio. With the launch of the ‘Celebration Edition’, we are confident of remaining the first choice for customers, who desire a sporty and luxury SUV, with class leading performance and uncompromised safety features. We expect the GLC to remain our key volume driver and we are glad that our product strategy has been working well.
Feature highlights of the Mercedes-Benz GLC Celebration Edition
- LED Logo projector
- Exterior mirror housing in high gloss black
- Sports pedals
- Garmin MAP PILOT
- High-sheen chromed trim
- Rear trim strip in chrome
1. LED Logo Projector: Mercedes-Benz Accessories offers the LED logo projector which gets fitted on the exit lamps in the side doors. Now, the STAR shadows you on your entry and exit.
2. Exterior mirror housing: Black, high-gloss Mercedes-Benz sport equipment exterior mirror housings for enhanced aerodynamics and an individual, sporty and dynamic look.
3. Sports pedal: High-quality appearance giving a refined, sporty look. Manufactured using high quality stainless steel with non-slip stud inlay. Extremely hardwearing and durable thanks to optimum selection of materials and safety-tested to Mercedes-Benz’s very high standards
4. Garmin Map Pilot SD card: User-friendly navigation, accurate map data and excellent route guidance – the Garmin MAP PILOT system brings all the benefits of a Garmin navigation system to the Audio 20 CD. The maps have a Garmin look and feel and appear in high resolution and in colour on the multimedia
system’s large display
5. High-sheen chromed trim: The sporty front look gets an extra high sheen character through the chromed trim elements. The elements in the air intakes add a distinctive accent for an exclusive look.
6. Rear trim strip in chrome: To further enhance the aesthetics of the rear, the trim strip in chrome is now available as an accessory. The high-sheen chromed rear trim strip compliments the chrome exterior elements and enhances the sporty rear look.
You can add more to this story by commenting below.