Mercedes Benz CLA now produced locally in India
The CLA from Merecedes-Benz becomes the 7th car from the company’s portfolio to be manufactured locally in India. Mercedes-Benz formally announced that it would be starting the production of CLA within India.
Here are some of the key highlights:
- By starting the local production of Mercedes Benz CLA, the wait list of the products across markets is reduced.
- The local production of Mercedes-Benz CLA would also help cater to exceptional demand due to onset of festival season
- India is gong to be the only country outside Europe to commence local production of the CLA
- Mercedes-Benz is locally producing both the petrol and diesel variants of the CLA at the same time to address demand
- The company also starts the local production of the GLA 200 Sport (Petrol version)
- Benefits of localization ranging from INR 1 lakh to 2 lakhs passed on to customer for the CLA and GLA.
Mr Eberhard Kern who is the Managing Director & CEO of Mercedes-Benz India and Piyush Arora who is the Executive Director, Operations of Mercedes-Benz India said in a press statement,
The CLA with its stunning design, technological innovations and multiple segment first attributes, is already a winning product in our portfolio. It has been rapidly acquiring new customers to the brand and replicating its global success in India as well. We are extremely satisfied with our CLA strategy, which has contributed majorly to our New Generation Cars growth and redefined the segment completely. We are confident that the local production will make the CLA even more attractive for the discerning buyers with additional value propositions and increased
Mr Piyush Arora added,
The start of local production of the CLA simultaneously in petrol and diesel variants is a key decision that will help curtail the long wait list for the sedan. Our ‘future readiness’ with the new manufacturing facility is bearing fruits as we started the production of both the CLA and the petrol GLA from the new assembly lines. We are glad to offer world-class products to our Indian customers with significant local value addition, in the shortest possible time.