India’s largest luxury carmaker Mercedes-Benz today strengthened its SUV offering by adding two new top-end variants to its popular GLE portfolio. The newly launched top-end GLE 450 4MATIC LWB and 400 d 4MATIC LWB further diversify the model line-up of the GLE by adding a petrol and a top-end diesel variant. The current LWB GLE range comprises the BS VI GLE 300 d 4MATIC LWB and the top-end CBU GLE 400 d 4MATIC LWB Hip Hop variants.
The GLE 450 4MATIC LWB and 400 d 4MATIC LWB features the same iconic design, exuding presence and power, plush interiors, just like the other variants in the current generation GLE range. It comes packed with the latest technology, including the cutting- edge Mercedes-Benz MBUX system with interior assistant. The permanent 4MATIC all- wheel drive with variable torque distribution capability together with 9G-TRONIC transmission will ensure it is just as agile and capable an off-roader as its diesel siblings.
Martin Schwenk, MD & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India said,
“The New long wheelbase GLE has already created a benchmark in the luxury SUV segment and we are very satisfied with the customer response. Encouraged by this response we are now introducing a petrol and a diesel variant of the GLE LWB. The locally made LWB GLE 450 4MATIC and the 400 d 4MATIC thus make important additions to our GLE SUV range and will further attract customers who seek comfort, luxury and off-roading prowess in their SUV. We are confident that the GLE 450 4MATIC and the 400 d 4MATIC will help this SUV retain its top billing in the luxury SUV segment.”
“The GLE LWB is an important pillar in our expansive SUV portfolio, leading our product offensive in the SUV segment and it remains Mercedes-Benz’s highest selling SUV in India. With the addition of these two new variants, we once again reiterate our customer focus and our commitment to the Indian market.” added Mr. Schwenk.
An in-line six-cylinder engine systematically electrified with 48-volt technology powers the Mercedes-Benz GLE 450 LWB 4MATIC. Its performance data of 270 kW (367 hp) and 500 Nm of torque, with a further 250 Nm of torque and 16 kW/22 hp available via EQ Boost over short periods is quite commendable. The integrated starter/alternator (ISG) is responsible for hybrid functions such as EQ Boost or energy recuperation, while allowing fuel savings that were previously reserved for high-voltage hybrid technology.
Integrated Starter Generator (ISG) eliminates the need for a belt drive for ancillary components at the front of the engine, which reduces its overall length. The slim design, together with the physical separation of intake/exhaust, creates space for near-engine exhaust after treatment. The 48-volt on-board power supply serves not only high power consumers such as the water pump and air-conditioning compressor, but also the Integrated Starter Generator (ISG), which also supplies energy to the battery by means of highly efficient energy recuperation.
The GLE 400 d 4MATIC LWB comes equipped with an OM 656 in-line six-cylinder diesel engine which generates 243 kW (330 hp) and 700 Nm of torque. The most powerful diesel engine in the history of Mercedes-Benz bundles together state-of-the-art technology components. As a result, the engine sets standards in terms of agility and consumption. More than an additional bonus: the six-cylinder in-line engine boasts an unsurpassed level of refinement.
Technical specifications of the new Mercedes-Benz GLE 450 4MATIC LWB and GLE 400d 4MATIC LWB
|Performance Data||GLE 400 d 4MATIC LWB||GLE 450 4MATIC LWB|
|Engine arrangement/cylinders||OM 656|
BS VI In-Line/6 Cylinder
BS VI In-Line/6 Cylinder
|Number of valves per cylinder||4||4|
|Power (kW [hp] @ rpm)||243  @ 3,600 – 4,000||270  @ 5,500 – 6,100 (+16kW/22 HP)|
|Torque (Nm @ rpm)||700 @ 1,200 – 3,000||500 @ 1,600 – 4,500 (+250 Nm)|
|Acceleration (0-100 km/h)||5.7 Secs||5.7 Secs|
|Top Speed (km/h)||245||250|
|Drive system||4MATIC all-wheel drive with VTD||4MATIC all-wheel drive with VTD|
|Electrical systems||14 V||48 V|
All new GLE 450 4MATIC LWB and 400 d 4MATIC LWB highlights:
- MULTIBEAM LED headlamps with ULTRA RANGE High beam Intelligent Headlight Control Plus
- 4MATIC with VTD (Variable Torque Distribution)
- AIRMATIC suspension with ADS+
- 50.8 cm (20-inch) 5-twin-spoke light-alloy wheels
- Auto Park Assist 360 degree surround view camera MBUX NTG6 with “Hey Mercedes”
- Hard-Disc Navigation
- Smartphone Integration
- Widescreen Cockpit
- Easy pack tail gate
- Memory Package for Front Seats
- Electrically adjustable rear seats
- 4-Zone THERMOTRONIC AC
- Electric Sun Blinds
- Panoramic sunroof
- Wireless Charging Front
- Blind Spot Assist
- Active Brake Assist
- Anthracite open-pore oak wood trim
- Illuminated aluminum running boards
- · GLE LWB now has two new top-end variants– the 450 4MATIC (Petrol) & 400 d 4MATIC (Diesel)
- · Both these SUVs are CKD and are produced in our state-of-art manufacturing facility.
- · The GLE 450 4MATIC LWB and 400 d 4MATIC LWB is powered by BS VI in-line six-cylinder engines
- · The new GLE 450 4MATIC LWB produces an output of 270 kW (367 hp) & 500 Nm of Torque and an additional 250 Nm of torque and 16 kW (22 hp) available via EQ Boost | 0-100 km/h in 5.7 seconds!
- · The new GLE 400 d 4MATIC LWB produces an output of 243 kW (330 hp) & 700 Nm of Torque | 0 -100 km/h in just 5.7 seconds!
- · The new GLE LWB is targeted at customers who are seeking a premium experience in urban environment and also love to tread the unbeaten path and outdoors
- · Mercedes-Benz offers the largest SUV portfolio in the luxury car segment
- · STAR EASE service packages for the new GLE 450 start @ INR 77,600 for 2 years/unlimited kms and for GLE 400 d is Rs 89,100 for 2 years/unlimited kms
- · The new Mercedes-Benz GLE 450 4MATIC LWB is priced at INR 88.80 lakhs and GLE 400 d 4MATIC LWB is priced at INR 89.90 Lakhs (all prices are ex-showroom, India, except Kerala)
You can add more to this story by commenting below.