India’s largest luxury car brand Mercedes-Benz today launched the 2021 Mercedes me connect, the latest version of its Mercedes me connect (Mmc) technology, integrated with home automation and voice assistance. The company introduced this latest Mmc in an updated version of its flagship product, the S-Class ‘Maestro Edition’. The S-Class ‘Maestro Edition’ features a host of enrichments that reinforces its status as the benchmark among all luxury saloons. The feature enhancements in the vehicle primarily combines technology and luxury enrichments that promises further differentiate the S-Class in its segment. The S-Class ‘Maestro Edition’ is launched in the Indian market by Martin Schwenk, Managing Director & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India and is available at all Mercedes-Benz dealerships across the country.
“Mercedes me connect has been a distinct differentiator in the luxury car segment since its inception and we are excited with the overwhelming response for our connected car technology. We believe, in an increasingly connected world, the car will become integral to a customer’s life and we are glad to make steady progress towards that direction with our Mmc strategy. At Mercedes-Benz India one of our key priorities is to introduce the latest enhancements in our connected car technology, along with the introduction of latest products. Today, we are glad to strengthen our competitive edge in the connected car technology domain by launching 3 new exclusive features with the Mmc, which are deployed OTA free of cost to all Mercedes me connect customers in India. With this we ensure that our customers and their Mercedes-Benz vehicles are always updated.”
Martin Schwenk commented.
“The S-Class is our flagship model and it remains the benchmark in its segment. With the introduction of the new ‘Maestro Edition’, we further enrich the S-Class with additional luxury features and the latest connected car technology. We are confident the ‘Maestro Edition’ will continue the S-Class’ unmatched popularity among its discerning patrons, reaffirming the flagship’s segment leadership position.”
Mr. Schwenk elaborated.
S-Class ‘Maestro Edition’ key tech and feature enhancements:
Mercedes me connect receives the latest update:
The S-Class ‘Maestro Edition’ is connected to the world of Mercedes me connect technology. With the “Mercedes me” app on the phone, the customers can track the location of the vehicle, remotely lock or unlock, open windows sunroof, track their vehicle’s location, set speed alerts for other users and enjoy plethora of other connect services. The integrated e-Call/SOS button ensures emergency services 24×7 across India through our dedicated emergency call services. In addition, the in-car “Me” call button ensures seamless connection to the customer assistance center for feature queries, breakdown and on-road assistance.
Imagine sitting at home and knowing your vehicle’s location without even touching your smartphone. This is now possible with the 2021 Mercedes me connect on S-Class ‘Maestro Edition’ which offers 3 distinct new features:
- 1. Alexa home integration with Mercedes me connect
- 2. Google home Mercedes me connect
- 3. Parking Solution POIs in navigation system
Alexa Home Integration:
Any conversation with Alexa promises to be more fun as the systems connect with customers Mercedes Benz via cloud and provide a real time updates. This feature can be used from an Alexa Echo device setup at home, office or also from phone’s Alexa App. Some examples that you can command, “Alexa, Ask Mercedes to set a reminder for evening dinner” or “Alexa, Ask Mercedes to unlock to take a courier delivery” or “Alexa, Ask Mercedes to turn on the climate control”
Google Home Integration:
As an alternative, Google Home integration is also offered for Google home users. In a similar way, once the Mercedes me connect is linked to Google Home, users can start issuing commands to the device and get real time updates about the vehicle, sitting at home
Parking Locations (POIs) in vehicle or in Mercedes me App:
Mercedes-Benz India introduces a new Parking solution, which shows Parking lots available across different parts of the cities. The Parking POIs (Points of interest) can be easily spotted in the vehicle’s navigation system or even in the Mercedes me App maps section.
Features of Parking solution –
- Off-street structured parking locations are visible in Navigation system
- POIs include public parking like malls, buildings, paid parking lots, etc.
- Added value by providing information on bifurcation of covered parking and non- covered parking (separate icons)
- Customer can select a parking lot on the Mercedes me App and can push the location to the vehicle with a single touch The new connect features are already available with all new cars. For all existing customers (already paired cars) the new features are auto-updated Over-The-Air (OTA) in the last days. The customer only needs to activate the new services in the App to enjoy the benefits of voice assistant home integration. Mercedes me connect milestone in India:
- October 2019: First luxury brand to launch connected services in the segment (Remote Services, Vehicle Monitoring Services, Navigation services, Assistance and support services) that are capable of OTA updates. Also First luxury brand to connect older cars from 2007 via Mercedes me adapter
- December 2019: Mmc with NTG6 MBUX and Hey Mercedes launched with the new GLC SUV
- June 2020: Introduction of Live Traffic Information feature (with select cars)
- June 2020: MBUX head unit updated with Covid-19 testing centers in June with MapMyIndia in collaboration with MBRDI (for all MBUX cars with Mmc functionality)
- July 2020: Introduction of new App family with new User Interface and enhanced functionality. Addition of features like Garage function, 3D map view, biometric access + Introduction of Mercedes me Service App for Service appointment booking (for Mmc capable cars)
- July-August 2020: Introduction of 3 new features on all Mmc cars: + Remote window / sunroof open and close, + Geo-fencing, + remote vehicle finder
- September 2020: With the launch of AMG GLE 53 Coupe, introduction of remote engine start with select cars
- October 2020: MBUX with 100+ electric charging stations POIs display on with EQC launch (in collaboration with MBRDI)
Other additional product features: Magic sky control with panoramic sunroof:
The ‘Maestro Edition’ offers 2-section glass module with switchable transparency. Front and rear segments can be set to light or dark independently of each other through switch available on the overhead panel. An excellent blend of technology and luxury, exclusive for the S-Class connoisseurs. Front memory package: With the front seats memory package, the driver and front passenger seats can be electrically adjusted and stored in 3 positions, along with positions for steering column and exterior mirrors. This also allows front passenger seat adjustment from the driver’s side for additional convenience. New interior leather option: “Nut Brown” with Diamond white bright exterior paint After a high demand and success on the Mercedes-Maybach S-Class, we are happy to introduce an option of Nut brown leather interiors with diamond white bright exterior paint option.
High-gloss brown eucalyptus wood trim:
An all new trim in the S-Class Maestro Edition interior which blends in harmoniously while also creating exciting contrasts with the interior options.
Other existing key highlights of the Mercedes-Benz S-Class ‘Maestro Edition’:
MULTIBEAM LED headlamps with ULTRA RANGE high beam | Burmester surround sound system with 13 speakers | Chauffeur package with memory-function | Electrically- adjustable rear seats including memory function | Rear Seat Comfort package with reclining seats and massage function | Wireless charging system in the front and rear | Rear Seat Entertainment System | Sun Protection package | Smartphone integration package with Apple Car Play and Google Android Auto
S 350 d engine:
The OM 656 engine used in the S-Class ‘Maestro Edition’ is the most powerful passenger car diesel engine offered by Mercedes-Benz India; the inline-six cylinder motor delivers an output of 210 kW (286 hp).
Radar based Driving Assistance Features
Over and above the multifold safety features that come as standard, the new S-Class ‘Maestro Edition’ comes with best in class safety technology radar-based driving assistance system which reduces the risk of accidents and enhance the protection of occupants as well as other road users, and can take the strain off the driver within the respective system limits.
Active Distance Assist DISTRONIC: Controls the distance to vehicles in front up to a speed of 210 km/h and if necessary brakes the vehicle with up to 50 per cent of the maximum braking power.
Active Steering Assist: At speeds up to 210 km/h, Active Steering Assist helps the driver keep the vehicle in the centre of its lane on straight stretches of road or slight bends.
Active Braking Assist: The emergency braking function can help to avoid or lessen the consequences of accidents with vehicles in front and pedestrians.
Blind Spot Assist: It can warn the driver of vehicles in the blind spot during a lane change.
- · The S-Class ‘Maestro Edition integrates additional features and the latest connected car technology
- · The S-Class ‘Maestro Edition’ is enriched with new features like Magic Sky Control with panoramic sunroof, Front seats with memory package
- · The S-Class ‘Maestro Edition’ interiors boast of new High gloss Brown Eucalyptus Wood Trim
- · Introducing an exciting new paint option: Anthracite Blue
You can add more to this story by commenting below.