India’s largest luxury carmaker Mercedes-Benz announced a number of immediate customer service measures in an effort to support the flood affected customers in Kolhapur, Sangli, Vadodara, Calicut, Kochi, Northern Karnataka and adjoining areas of these cities. Mercedes-Benz India has prepared a cross-functional task force to support those customers whose vehicles have been damaged in the floods in these affected cities and adjoining markets. This cross-functional team is closely evaluating the on-ground situation and preparing a contingency plan, short to long term in nature to assist the customers. Mercedes-Benz India also announced a voluntary contribution of INR 48.60 lakhs to the Chief Minister’s Relief Fund to support flood relief operations across the affected areas in Western Maharashtra, Northern Karnataka, Kerala and adjoining areas.
Martin Schwenk, Managing Director & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India commented,
With heavy rains and flood causing extensive damages in Kolhapur, Sangli, Vadodara, Northern Karnataka, Calicut and Kochi; Mercedes-Benz India and our dealer partners in these markets have decided to support our affected customers immediately with any service and insurance requirements. We would facilitate free towing, faster supply of spare parts, faster claim processing and many additional measures to support our customers who are already facing multiple challenges due to the flood situation. A cross functional task force team of Mercedes-Benz India, DFS India and the dealer partners, comprising specialists from customer service, financial service and technical service have been deployed to address the situation. This team is intently monitoring the on-ground situation and also reaching out to Mercedes-Benz customers extending any form of support required for their vehicles.
Mr. Schwenk added,
At this moment of crisis we stand in solidarity with the authorities and as responsible corporate citizens, want to contribute to the relief works in our own small way. Mercedes-Benz India is voluntarily contributing ₹48.60 lakhs to the Chief Ministers’ Relief Fund to support the flood relief activities in Western Maharashtra, Northern Karnataka, Kerala and the nearby affected areas. We sincerely hope the situation normalises soon.
To support faster availability of critical parts, Mercedes-Benz India has decided to procure them from Germany and Singapore Logistic centres by airfreight, without passing on this extra cost to the customers. Mercedes-Benz dealer partners across the country have also prioritized spare parts allocation and additional resources commitment. This is expected to reduce the lead time which results in faster and also higher number of vehicles that can be repaired.
Simultaneously, Mercedes-Benz On-Road Assistance team will be recovering the affected vehicles and the retail network teams have committed additional manpower to support the customers. In a customer centric approach, Mercedes-Benz and its partners have offered to absorb the towing charges for the cars recovered.
Daimler Financial Services India is also working continuously towards faster processing of insurance formalities of its insured cars. DFS India team will be making ground visits to assess the levels of damage incurred to the car, extent of engine damage and policy purchased etc. to support customers with faster claims processing.
• Special cross functional task force from MB India and dealership deployed in these states
• Designated teams formed at dealerships, for a quicker turnaround time
• Focussed efforts especially in highly affected areas of Kolhapur, Sangli, Vadodara, Northern Karnataka, Calicut, Kochi and adjoining markets around these cities
• Swift and free delivery of Spare Parts by airfreight from Global and Regional logistics centres
• Free towing and transport for the flood affected vehicles
• Faster processing of Insurance claims from Daimler Financial Services (DFS)
• Special support on Labour charges for the affected vehicles
• Mercedes-Benz Technical Experts will extend their support by handling critical cases at the dealerships
• Mercedes-Benz India dealer partners across markets have prioritised parts availability for the affected customers
• Mercedes-Benz On-Road Assistance team will recover the affected vehicles
• Mercedes-Benz India employees also voluntarily contributed to Maharashtra CM Relief Fund for flood relief operations in Kolhapur, Sangli and Satara
You can add more to this story by commenting below.