India’s most desirable luxury car maker Mercedes-Benz today announced its best-ever H1 sales performance. Mercedes-Benz continued its strong sales momentum and firmly leads the Indian luxury car market, recording its highest-ever H1 and also its best-ever Q2 in India. The company retailed a record 8528 units in the January-June 2023 period, registering a healthy 13% YoY growth. The highest ever six monthly sales was accomplished on the back of strong customer preference for the brand, driven by an attractive product portfolio and a seamless omni-channel customer journey experience created with ‘Retail of the Future’ business model.
The sustained demand for both new and existing products across entry and core segments was key in driving volumes in H1 2023. However, the demand for high-end Mercedes-Benz and AMG models belonging to the TEV segment continued to outpace other segments, growing by a robust 53% YoY in H1 2023. Mercedes-Benz’s BEV portfolio grew 10 times in H1 2023 with the introduction of the EQB and EQS luxury BEVs.
“Mercedes-Benz continues its strong demand in the Indian market, achieving the best ever H1 and Q2 sales. This record sales performance is driven by high desirability of the brand, an attractive portfolio, increased availability of cars and successful implementation of the ‘Retail of the Future’ business model. Our focus remains on elevating the customer experience and continuing to grow the Top-End Vehicles that outpace other segments. We are excited about the remaining quarters, having lined up some of the most awaited luxury vehicles for our customers, starting with the New Generation GLC.”
Santosh Iyer, Managing Director & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India
H1 2023 sales highlights:
- Very high demand for the GLS, S-Class, S-Class Maybach, GLS Maybach and AMG G 63 in particular
- The LWB E-Class remained the single highest selling model for Mercedes-Benz India
- GLE becomes the highest selling SUV for Mercedes-Benz India followed by the GLA SUV in H1 2023
- The New C-Class continues its strong market demand, contributing significant volumes
- Mercedes-Benz achieves best ever H1 in India with record sales of 8528 units (H1 22: 7573; +13%)
- Also best ever Q2 sales in India with 3831 units sold (Q2 22: 3551; +8%)
- Strong demand continues for the Top-End Vehicle (TEV) portfolio which grew by 54% in H1 2023
- Total order bank of Mercedes-Benz India as of June 2023 is 3500+ units (w/o the GLC SUV)
- BEV portfolio in H1 2023 grew 10 times compared to H1 2022, with a strong response to EQB and EQS luxury BEVs
- New Generation GLC to be launched in Q3
You can add more to this story by commenting below.