Jaguar Land Rover India has broadened the appeal of the F-TYPE with the introduction of the state-of-the-art four-cylinder Ingenium petrol engine. The award-winning F-TYPE now spans from the entry-level four-cylinder model to Jaguar’s 322 km/h, all-weather supercar – the F-TYPE SVR. The all-aluminium sports car with the 221 kW 2.0 l turbocharged petrol motor delivers Jaguar sports car DNA with enhanced agility and improved efficiency and affordability.
The Ingenium engine contributes to an overall vehicle weight reduction of 52 kg – most of which is over the front axle – and this is key to the four-cylinder F-TYPE’s enhanced agility. Meticulous tuning of the chassis to complement the new engine delivers even greater steering response, body control and ride comfort. A finely-tuned active exhaust is standard on entry-level F-TYPE models, while the R-Dynamic variants feature a switchable active exhaust for an even more involving driving experience.
Rohit Suri, President & Managing Director, Jaguar Land Rover India Ltd. (JLRIL), said:
We are very excited about the introduction of the 2.0 l engine on the F-TYPE. This will make our sportscar brand more accessible to Jaguar fans and customers across the spectrum. Enthusiasts are sure to be thrilled by the appeal of this pure breed F-TYPE with its own unique driving character.
- Jaguar F-TYPE gains turbocharged four-cylinder Ingenium petrol engine
- A true Jaguar sports car and a true F-TYPE, with its own unique character
- New 221 kW 2.0 l motor has a 0-100 km/h time of 5.7 s and a top speed of 250 km/h
- Intake and exhaust meticulously tuned to deliver renowned F-TYPE sound
- Jaguar F-TYPE 2.0 l Coupe starts from ₹ 90.93 Lakh while the 2.0 l Convertible starts from ₹ 101.45 Lakh