Packing its unmissable presence, tough yet sophisticated experience, spirited performance, world class safety and sci-fi technology, the new Mahindra XUV700 is set to redefine the benchmarks.
Variants and Top features
There is an XUV700 for everyone who seeks a rush with the widest range of offerings you will find in the segment.
Note: Optional packswill be announced at a later date and will include features like Immersive 3D Sound by Sony, electrically-deployed Smart Door Handles, 360 Surround View, Blind View Monitoring, Electronic Park Brake and Wireless Charging.
Here are some salient features available in select variants and some features will vary by variants.
The sensuous and sophisticated exterior of the XUV700 presents an extremely aerodynamic design for an SUV.
· The authentic SUV stance and the wide track hints at performance ably supported by the overall vehicle dynamics.
· Similarly, the large grille is meant to send as much air to cool the engine while paying homage to classic XUV family cues.
· When you are in the business of cheating the airflow, conventional door handles had to give way to invisible ‘Smart door handles’, a first-in-segment by XUV700.
· Prominent wheel haunches above the arches, especially at the rear help achieve a sporty stance, making the XUV700 look fast even while standing still.
Tough yet Sophisticated
The all-independent suspension set up of the XUV700 was developed with varied road surfaces in mind.
· The front suspension is made up of McPherson strut with FSD (Frequency Selective Damping) technology and stabiliser bar
· The Rear suspension is a multi-link system with FSD and stabilizer-bar.
· While superior ride comfort is guaranteed, it also provides unparalleled dynamic capabilities in tune with the performance on offer.
· The XUV 700 also comes with an AWD variant that instils further confidence to tackle tough terrain and difficult weather conditions.
The inside story
The XUV700 interior is all about achieving harmony through contrast. So, it is not a surprise that you will find buffed chrome co-exist with polished black surfaces. Yet, you can’t miss the sophistication thanks to the seamless twin 10.25-inch floating displays screen that replaces the conventional Cluster with binnacles.
Light shades of upholstery and the Panoramic Skyroof makes the interior feel spacious and calm. Seats are engineered to provide supreme comfort over short and long distances. Superior surfaces and textures lend the XUV700 an inimitably luxurious ambience. State of art Smart Filter Technology (VR-LED) ensures clear and pure air for the occupant eliminating odour, dust, micro-allergens, and pathogens.
The interiors and its features vary depending on the variant.
The XUV700 will be available in Gasoline as well as all Aluminium Diesel engines with New Generation 6-speed Manual and Automatic Transmission options. The powerful 2 litre Turbo GDi mStallion Engine (Gasoline) spools out 380 Nm of Torque between 1750 and 3000 rpm and develops 200 PS at 5000 rpm. This engine provides refined motoring and linear power delivery. The 2.2 litre Commonrail Turbo Diesel mHawk Engine is known for its torque and is available in two tunes – a 185 PS version with 420 Nm (manual)/ 450 Nm (Automatic) and a 155 PS variant with 360 Nm (Manual Transmission).
Select diesel option also comes with four drive modes (Zip, Zap, Zoom) & a Custom mode to alter performance as well as steering sensitivity on demand.
World Class Safety
Safety is one of the core pillars of the XUV700 experience, it incorporates many pathbreaking safety features.
· The XUV700 comes equipped with ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems) which includes, Forward Collision Warning, Autonomous Emergency Brakes Using both camera and radar FCW will warn of a possible collision and if you don’t react the AEB system is designed to automatically apply the brakes. ADAS system also features: Lane Departure Warning, Lane Keep Assist, Adaptive cruise Control, Smart Pilot Assist, Traffic Sign Recognition and High Beam Assist.
· Apart from that the XUV700 comes with Driver Drowsiness Detection which nudges the driver in case he is feeling drowsy.
· The Auto Booster Headlamp switches on automatically when the vehicle exceeds 80km/h at night and auto high beam assist at disable mode, increasing visibility and therefore making the driving experience safer.
· Another unique function in the XUV700 is the Personalised Safety Alert which alerts the driver if he exceeds a set speed. It can be programmed to sound out in the voice of a loved one.
· The XUV700 comes with 7 airbags which includes curtain airbags (extending up to 3rd row occupants), driver knee airbags, driver side airbag and passenger side airbag keeping up with its safety promise, in addition to standard dual frontal airbags. Apart from that XUV700 comes with driver seat-belt lap pre-tensioner in addition to standard seat-belt retractor pre-tensioner for driver and co-driver. Anti-lock braking system (ABS) with electronic brake distribution (EBD) is also standard.
· The XUV700 crashworthy structure is designed to protect occupant in case of collisions. Additionally, XUV700 equipped with frontal and side crash sensors for robust airbag deployment.
Sci-fi technology for seamless, immersive, connected experience
The XUV700, the first of a new generation of SUVs from Mahindra that will build upon the legacy laid down by iconic cars like the XUV500, comes packed with a whole lot of segment-firsts, like the AdrenoX technology platform that underpins its immersive sci-fi experience.
· AdrenoX, an innovative cockpit technology for a cutting-edge driving experience with 60+ connect apps and several built-in apps.
· An outcome of a global collaboration between Mahindra, Visteon, Bosch, Sony and Amazon. AdrenoX is the result of three years of development that brings to life an SUV engineered for excellence and an intelligent hi-tech driving experience.
· The gateway to this impressive line-up of world-class experiences is through an integrated 10.25-inch dual screens and SmartCore™ The cockpit domain controller software architecture is built with multiple operating systems – Android, QNX and the controller is a 3rd Generation Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ Automotive Cockpit Platforms developed in collaboration with Visteon.
· Under AdrenoX, Mahindra and Amazon have teamed up to deliver India’s first vehicle with Built-in Alexa functionality enabling hands-free access to entertainment, information, and vehicle controls. Alexa voice assistant supports in vehicle controls even in an offline mode.
· AdrenoX will also bring an Immersive Audio Experience to its customers adopting 3D Sound Technology by Sony.
“The XUV700 is not just another SUV, it’s a statement of intent. It is undoubtedly a powerful performer on varied terrains yet having fun inside the XUV700 is an experience which will give the owners a rush like never before! Everything about the XUV700 is world class, be it the stunning design, the exhilarating powertrains, built-in intelligence, and the host of segment-first features. The customers are in for a truly sophisticated and authentic SUV experience, setting them up to explore the impossible.”
– Veejay Nakra, CEO, Automotive Division, M&M Ltd.
“The XUV7OO is the result of introspection and ambition. It marks the start of a new journey for Mahindra where we want to be building world class SUVs by not just pushing the boundaries but redefining them altogether. It features an all-new platform, all-new powertrain options and a host of segment first technologies which will cater to every possible need of the customer while also allowing them to have fun with the XUV700. To inspire even more confidence behind the wheel, XUV 7OO comes with latest safety technology like ADAS and safety Airbags.”
– Velusamy R, Chief of Global Product Development, Automotive Division, M&M Ltd.
You can add more to this story by commenting below.