ŠKODA AUTO India unveiled the new RAPID 1.0 TSI at an attractive introductory ex- showroom price of INR 7.49 lacs, nationwide, taking forward the ‘One Nation. One Price.’ philosophy.
At the heart of the new ŠKODA RAPID is an incredible new TSI mill. Displacing 999 cm3, the new three cylinder 1.0 TSI petrol engine fosters an astounding 110 PS (81 kW) of power at 5000 rpm and 175 Nm of torque at 1750 rpm. The state of the art drivetrain has been tuned to offer refinement, as well as serviceable performance, and sets the yardstick in its segment.
The fuel efficiency too is exemplary. The new RAPID 1.0 TSI, with the six speed manual transmission, offers 18.97 kmpl under standard test conditions. When compared with the outgoing 1.6 MPI engine, the new ŠKODA RAPID 1.0 TSI offers a 5% upsurge in power and a 14% rise in torque output. At the same time, the new RAPID offers a 23% increase in fuel efficiency against the previous motor. The new RAPID 1.0 TSI is calibrated for refinement, efficiency as well as performance, and perfectly fits the urbane lifestyle of the ŠKODA AUTO patrons.
The new RAPID Style and Monte Carlo feature a 20.32 cm ŠKODA Android Infotainment System as well as dark green glasses with Infrared Cut. The Onyx dons the dual tone Tellur Grey leatherette upholstery as standard, while the new RAPID Ambition and Style house distinctive window chrome garnish as well as feature the new ‘Toffee Brown’ colour option.
The RAPID nameplate was incipiently used in the 1930s for the Type 901 and the 1980s for the rear engine RAPID Coupé. In November 2011, ŠKODA AUTO resurrected the RAPID nameplate for the Indian subcontinent. The compact sedan was developed exclusively for the local market by ŠKODA AUTO India, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Czech automobile manufacturer. The RAPID proved its mettle as a perfect blend of the marque’s timeless design ideals, unbending performance, superior build quality, enhanced safety and security, and European craftsmanship, all at a competitive price point. The RAPID marked ŠKODA AUTO’s foray into the popular C segment, in India, and garnered much appreciation from brand loyalists and auto enthusiasts from across the nation.
The new ŠKODA RAPID, introduced in late 2016, shares the emotive crystalline design cues with the rest of the ŠKODA AUTO product portfolio, among other elements: a plethora of safety and security modules, wealth of standard features, and numerous ‘Simply Clever’ solutions. The vehicle is ŠKODA AUTO’s best seller in the domestic market and sets benchmarks for functionality, practicality, and spaciousness in its segment. A tribute to the success of the Czech moniker at the legendary ‘Queen of Rallies’, the premium ŠKODA RAPID Monte Carlo combines luxury and glamour with pulse racing sports styling.
‘PEACE OF MIND’ COMES STANDARD WITH A ŠKODA
The ŠKODA Shield Plus ensures 6 years of hassle free ownership experience and utmost ‘PEACE OF MIND’. It incorporates motor insurance, 24 x 7 road side assistance, and an extended warranty. ŠKODA AUTO had previously introduced India’s first 4 year service care programme (4 year warranty, 4 year road side assistance, and an optional 4 year maintenance package).
THE NEW ŠKODA RAPID PRICE SUMMARY
|MODEL||PRICE (EX-SHOWROOM, INDIA)|
|Monte Carlo||INR 11,79,000|
- › The new RAPID 1.0 TSI is available at an attractive introductory ex-showroom price of INR 7.49 lacs
- › The 1.0 TSI engine, introduced with new RAPID, is central to ŠKODA’s BS VI powertrain and fuel strategy
- › It offers exceptional power output (110 PS) and excellent fuel economy (18.97 kmpl)
- › 23% increase in fuel efficiency, 14% rise in torque and 5% upsurge in power over the outgoing MPI engine
- › The RAPID Style and Monte Carlo features state of the art 20.32 cm ŠKODA Android Infotainment System and dark green glasses with Infrared Cut; The Onyx dons the dual tone Tellur Grey leatherette upholstery
- › The Ambition and Style now house window chrome garnish and feature the new ‘Toffee Brown’ colour
- › Introduced in 2011, the RAPID marked ŠKODA AUTO’s foray into the popular C segment in India
- › It sets benchmarks for functionality, practicality, and spaciousness and is a top seller for the Czech marque
You can add more to this story by commenting below.