Stellantis, one of the world’s leading automakers and a mobility provider, has opened a state-of-the-art Dolby Atmos 9.1.6 qualified immersive Audio Lab in Bengaluru, India, marking a significant leap forward in delivering unparalleled automotive audio & acoustic experiences for customers of the automaker’s 14 iconic brands around the world. The one-of-a-kind lab, unique in India for any OEMs, focuses on audio reference, production, and quality assurance.
The immersive Audio Lab will play a key role in Stellantis’ initiative to define unique audio strategy & roadmaps for each of its brands and marks a significant step via the internalization of automotive acoustic R&D capabilities.
“Audio plays a vital role in our customer’s satisfaction and enjoyment of their vehicles, as well as alerting them to key functions and driving situations,”
said Yves Bonnefont, Chief Software Officer, Stellantis.
“This brand-new immersive audio lab demonstrates our commitment to class-leading automotive acoustics and highlights India’s pivotal role in Stellantis’ global strategy.”
The Stellantis Dolby Atmos 9.1.6 Immersive Audio Lab boasts an array of groundbreaking features, including several industry-firsts:
- The Lab has exceptional levels of control over reverberation time (RT), achieving an impressive 0.5 seconds in low frequencies and maintaining a linear 0.2 seconds from mid to high frequencies.
- The Lab aligns seamlessly with stringent IEC and Dolby acoustical standards, earning a 100% score in several criteria, complemented by a less than 20NC Noise Criteria value.
- It sets new standards in air and structure-borne insulation, achieving an outstanding Sound Transmission Class (STC) score of 68.
The room’s acoustics are meticulously crafted through advanced computational simulation modeling, including Finite Element Analysis (FEA), Boundary Element Method (BEM), and Raytracing. These methods enabled an accelerated 53-day project turnaround and the optimal use of materials resulting in a cutting-edge space that exemplifies precision and innovation in audio & acoustics.
The Stellantis Immersive Audio Lab is housed within the software center in Bengaluru, India. This center specializes in the advancement of software and technological innovations that play a key role in the progress of automotive and mobility solutions.
- First automotive lab with Dolby Atmos 9.1.6 qualification in India, based in Bengaluru
- The lab reiterates Stellantis’s India commitment and will play a pivotal role for Stellantis in branded audio, active sound design, sound management, and voice features
- The Immersive Audio Lab to drive R&D for Stellantis brands to deliver class-leading audio to customers around the world
You can add more to this story by commenting below.