In order to revolutionise the CNG market, Tata Motors will soon launch the Altroz iCNG, India’s first twin cylinder CNG technology. Tata Altroz, which is India’s safest premium hatchback is open for bookings in its much awaited iCNG avatar, from today. With this vehicle, Tata Motors aims at increasing the acceptance of CNG cars in India, similar to petrol and diesel cars.
The Altroz iCNG was unveiled at the Auto Expo 2023 in January 2023 and it received a tremendous response from customer for being India’s first twin cylinder CNG technology – a revolutionary technology bringing practical usable boot space to CNG owners, a feature that is unavailable in all current CNG cars. Customers can now book the Altroz iCNG at INR. 21,000. With deliveries commencing in May 2023, the Altroz iCNG is a strong testament to Tata Motors’ successful multi-powertrain strategy, making it the fourth powertrain option in the Altroz range now.
In addition to the above, the Altroz iCNG will also offer
- Innovative Twin Cylinder Technology with a total water capacity of 60 litres (Each cylinder has 30 litres capacity) is placed below the luggage area to ensure a large usable boot space.
- Single Advanced ECU – It ensures a seamless and jerk free drive experience while shifting from petrol to CNG mode or vice versa
- Direct start in CNG mode – Altroz iCNG will start directly in CNG mode to ensure a hassle-free experience and no worries on switching the fuel mode
- Additional safety features – thermal incident protection, gas leak detection feature and micro switch to ensure the car is switched off at the time of refuelling.
- Complete peace of mind with standard warranty of 3 year/ 100,000 km
Altroz iCNG will be available in four variants – XE, XM+, XZ and XZ+ and in four colour options- Opera Blue, Downtown Red, Arcade Grey and Avenue White. The Altroz iCNG will also boast of aspirational features like leatherette seats, iRA connected car technology, cruise control, and automatic headlamps amongst others.
You can add more to this story by commenting below.