Achieving yet another incredible milestone on foreign soil, TVS Racing – India’s first factory racing team backed by 40 years racing pedigree has successfully concluded the first edition of its TVS Asia One Make Championship (OMC). Setting several new benchmarks in performance at an overseas racetrack, the supremely capable TVS Asia OMC RR 310 based on the TVS Apache RR 310 motorcycle, clocked its highest top speed of 211.2 km/h, helping the team pull off its fastest lap time of 1:50.850 at Chang International Circuit.
- o TVS Racing successfully hosts the first edition of TVS Asia One Make Championship, becoming the first Indian manufacturer to do so at a global level
- o TVS Asia OMC RR 310 motorcycle clocks 211.2 km/h – recording its highest ever top speed
- o TVS Racing, India’s first factory racing team also achieved the best lap timing of 1:50.850 at the Chang International circuit, Thailand
- o Vorapong Malahuan emerges as the overall winner of the Championship, winning both races in the final round
- o Extensive modifications to the engine helped the team improve top speed by 9 km/h compared to the third round
- o Further improvements were made to the motorcycle’s suspension and engine braking strategy
Speaking on this momentous occasion, Mr Vimal Sumbly, Head Business – Premium, TVS Motor Company said, “
After dominating national championships across formats, TVS Racing has now made India proud on the global motorsports map by successfully concluding the first edition of TVS Asia One Make Championship (OMC) in Thailand. I am thrilled to announce that our TVS Asia OMC RR 310 clocked an astonishing 211.2 km/h, breaking its very own previous record by 9 km/h, helping us set the fastest lap time of 1:50.850 at the Chang International Circuit. This incredible feat on a global level is indeed a testament to the team’s constant efforts to enhance its technological capabilities and maintain its undisputed leadership in the two-wheeler motorsports arena. I would like to congratulate the entire team for this unparalleled accomplishment and wish them all the best for the next year’s edition.
2022 TVS Asia One Make Championship (OMC) Results –
- The debut season of the TVS Asia One Make Championship was concluded at the Chang International circuit, Thailand
- The team also achieved the best lap timing of 1:50.850 at the track, breaking all its previous records on the TVS Asia OMC RR 310, based on the TVS Apache RR 31
You can add more to this story by commenting below.