Accelerating digital transformation across the world, Volkswagen, Europe’s leading car manufacturer, today launched Volkswagen Connect, an intelligent connected vehicle assistance system followed by a brand new Lapiz Blue body color across its popular carlines – Polo, Ameo and Vento. Reiterating its ‘value-for-money’ proposition, Volkswagen also introduces dynamic new features across its popular carlines which further enhances style, safety and customer convenience.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Steffen Knapp, Director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars said,
Volkswagen is transforming into a mobility provider with the aim to offer fully connected vehicle fleets. In India, with Volkswagen Connect and the recently launched ‘Digital Workplace’ experience we aim to completely digitalize the customer experience right from pre to post-purchase experiences. With Volkswagen Connect, customers are empowered to manage a host of services such as driving behavior analysis, trip tracking, fuel cost monitoring, and other convenient features available on their fingertips.
Further commenting on the introduction of the new features across its popular carlines Mr. Knapp said,
At Volkswagen, customers have been at the centre of our business. Adding to the sportiness of our popular carlines, the new enhanced features along with dual front-side airbag on the Vento makes for an attractive value proposition for our discerning customers. With such unique offerings, it is our endeavor to offer world-class services to all our customers.
With the on-going festive season, customers can now avail these offers starting today across all 121 Volkswagen dealerships in 104 cities in India.
Volkswagen Connect – What is it?
Volkswagen Connect is an intelligent, connected vehicle assistant that offers a seamless connected car experience to Indian drivers. The interactive ‘Connect’ app enables users to connect their car to their smart phone through a “Plug and Play” data dongle fitted to the on-board diagnostics (OBD) port of the car. Once installed and connected with a smartphone via Bluetooth, customers can experience advanced connected features such as trip tracking, fuel cost monitoring, driving behavior and much more.
The Connect app is compatible with both Android and iOS platforms and is available to download at the Google Play and App Store respectively.
The key highlights of the Connect App are:
- Trip tracking: Users can track every trip made by the car when the phone is connected to the car
- Fuel cost monitor: Users can keep a tab on their monthly or trip wise fuel costs
- Driving behavior: The driving behavior monitor enables users to monitor their driving styles. Individual scores are given for acceleration, braking, engine speed, engine temperature etc. for every trip which enables users to improve their driving efficiency by altering their driving style
- Location sharing: This feature enables users to share their last parking locations with their loved ones even after moving away from that location
- SOS call: Customers now need not memorize or store the customer care or RSA number. The app can directly connect a call to the helplines from the user’s phone
- Service appointment: The app can automatically inform the dealership when the customers car is due for service. With this intimation, the dealer workshop can contact the customer proactively and offer an appointment at a convenient time.
- Volkswagen Connect, an intelligent vehicle assistance system introduced for a seamless connected car experience. The app enables users to experience advanced connected features such as trip tracking, fuel cost monitoring, driving behavior, SOS call and much more
- Starting today, customers can now choose a brand new color – Lapiz Blue
- Safety has been of paramount importance to Volkswagen, taking it a notch higher the Brand introduces dual front side airbags on the Vento
- Across the popular carlines – Polo, Ameo and Vento, Volkswagen launches the Connect edition along with new comfort and convenient features for customers