Adding dynamism to the segment of compact SUVs, Volkswagen India today launched the new T-Roc at an introductory price of INR 19.99 Lakh (ex-showroom). A versatile carline that provides exemplary performance, comfort, rationality and appeal to the urban lifestyle of an Indian customer.
Built on Volkswagen’s modular transverse matrix (MQB) platform, its progressive design language with a coupé-style roof, distinctively wide front end and concise proportions exudes character and confidence. The integrated LED headlights and unique LED daytime running lights creates an unmistakable look, especially when driven at night. Making journey’s more enjoyable is the panoramic sunroof, a perfect feature for long-drives.
Inside, an avant-garde design and a high level of functionality form an alliance. It provides an immense amount of space for a five seater SUV, with 445 litres of cargo capacity. It comes in six different body colors with a dual tone roof top that enhances the sporty look and the eclectic body color.
Colour Palette: The T-Roc is available in 6 energetic colors: (in dual tone)
|Curcuma Yellow with Black roof||Ravenna Blue with Black roof|
|Energetic Orange with Black roof||Deep Black Pearl|
|Indium Grey with Black roof||Pure White with Black roof|
Adding convenience for the driver, the Volkswagen T-Roc comprises of the Active Info Display of size 26.03 cm and infotainment system of size 20.32 cm that creates a new, digital and interactive cockpit.
The infotainment systems can be extended with AppConnect (integrated MirrorLink, Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ from Google). The carline is also compatible with Volkswagen WeConnect Go, your personal assistant which connects your smartphone to the Volkswagen T-Roc via a data plug. It provides all the important vehicle information at your fingertips. Right from mileage, driving patterns, service intervals, breakdown assistance and more.
Powering the T-Roc is Volkswagen’s award-winning TSI engine, a 1.5l TSI EVO turbocharged stratified injection petrol engine that is mated to a 7-speed DSG gear box. Together, the carline provides a power of 150PS@5000–6000 rpm and torque of 250Nm@1500 – 3500 rpm (as per EU specifications).
The T-Roc comprises of a unique feature called Active Cylinder Technology (ACT), which deactivates two out of the four cylinders of the engine when it senses a relaxed driving pattern or basis the required rpm. The change happens so quickly, between 13 to 36 milliseconds that the driver feels no loss of power and is fuel efficient.
Commenting on the launch of the Volkswagen T-Roc, Mr. Steffen Knapp, Director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars India said,
The T-Roc is an easily recognizable name worldwide and embodies all the good qualities of a Volkswagen with its sporty design, functionality, safety, technology and dynamic driving experience. Its expressive and bold design language will create an underlying dominance on the Indian roads. The T-ROC is a robust product and enhances our SUV portfolio in India.
At Volkswagen, safety is of paramount importance and there is absolutely no compromise on it. The T-Roc comes equipped with 6 airbags, ABS, ESC, safety-optimized front headrests, tyre pressure monitoring system, 3-point centre seat belt, ISOFIX (child seat anchor points) and a lot more.
In all, the T-Roc is a suitable carline for the #BornConfident Indian customer.
Note: Deliveries of the Volkswagen T-Roc will begin in mid-April 2020.
– The SUV offensive is underway: Volkswagen India launches its second SUV for the Indian market, the Volkswagen T-Roc. Earlier this month, the brand launches its spacious 7-seater SUV, Tiguan Allspace
– Four letters, one statement: The ‘T’ refers to Volkswagen’s SUV nomenclature, while the ‘ROC’ has been derived from the English word ‘Rock’ which stands for the positioning of the T-Roc. A carline that can rock its segment with its confident design language and performance
– Progressive design: With its precise proportions, the T-Roc’s exterior reflects its strong character. A coupe style roof, distinctively wide front end and pioneering lines
– Powertrain: The T-Roc comes equipped with Volkswagen’s award-winning TSI engine, 1.5l (EVO) that delivers 150 PS of power and 250 Nm of torque mated to a 7-speed DSG gearbox
– Fuel efficient: The T-Roc is equipped with Volkswagen’s unique Active Cylinder Technology (ACT), which deactivates two out of the four cylinders of the engine when it senses a relaxed driving pattern or basis the required rpm. It consumes less fuel without compromising the driving experience
– Digitalized and connected: Equipped with a Digital Cockpit (Active Info Display), a 20.32 cm “Composition Media” infotainment system which can be further connected via AppConnect. It is compatible with Volkswagen’s WeConnect Go, your personal assistant that provides all important vehicle information
– Safety first: Synonymous with Volkswagen, the T-Roc comes with a 5-star EURO NCAP rating for adult and child occupants. The carline is equipped with 6-airbags, ABS, ESC, tyre pressure monitoring system and reverse camera