Unveiling the biggest product line-up under its SUVW strategy, as committed, Volkswagen Passenger Cars India today commenced bookings for second batch of T-Roc; The brand has also invited customers to ‘Register your interest’ for the much-awaited SUV Taigun and New Tiguan; Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace to arrive soon.
Commenting on the occasion, Mr. Ashish Gupta, Brand Director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars India said,
“We are delighted to announce that customers can now book their favorite SUV T-Roc, through our online retail platform or our dealership network across India. We have also announced a unique initiative offering our customers an opportunity to register their interest for our most anticipated SUVW, the Volkswagen Taigun and the New Tiguan. 2021 is a significant year for Volkswagen India and with this announcement, we are a step closer to fulfilling our commitment of delivering 4-SUVs by the end of 2021.”
The made for India mid-sized SUV, Volkswagen Taigun is a perfect combination of style, practicality and sophistication for a modern Indian consumer. Built on the MQB A0 IN platform, Taigun will be up to 95% localized and powered by TSI engine with two engine options, 1L TSI and 1.5L TSI and three transmissions offering a wide array of choices to the customers. The carline will endorse new-age design, cutting-edge technology and advanced features, including 17-inch alloy wheels, striking LED headlamps with LED DRL and width spanning LED tail lamps wrapped in piano finish. Further, the bold and sporty SUV comes with Multi-Function steering wheel, spacious cabin and rear room space that would appeal to the young audience. Functionally conceptualized, the SUV will comprise of a touchscreen infotainment system and virtual cockpit with a fully digital instrument cluster. Keeping in mind the safety of the customers, the carline will be equipped with up to 6-airbags, ESC, 3 headrests at rear, 3-point seat belts and adjustable headrest for all.
Volkswagen Taigun striking exteriors
- Prominent Volkswagen front grille with chrome applique
- New Volkswagen logo
- LED headlamps with LED DRL
- R17 dual tone alloy wheels
- Continuous LED tail-lamps
- Exclusive GT offering
Volkswagen Taigun premium interiors
- Ventilated leather front seats
- Ambient lighting
- Smart storage spaces
- Flattened tunnel at rear
- Spacious & roomy interiors, owing to a long wheelbase 2651 mm
- Modern dashboard layout with décor inserts
Volkswagen Taigun comfort & connectivity
- Digital cockpit
- 25.4 cm touchscreen infotainment system
- Auto AC with touch control
- Rear view camera
- Multi-function leather wrapped steering wheel
- Electric sunroof
- My Volkswagen Connect
- Wireless AppConnect
- Apple Carplay™
- Android Auto™
- Type C, USB charging ports
Volkswagen Taigun safety
- Electronic stability control
- Up to 6 airbags
- Tyre pressure deflation warning
- 3 head-restraints at rear
- Rear park distance control
- Hill-hold control
The 4th SUV from Volkswagen’s stable, the New Tiguan, will be powered by a 2.0L TSI engine delivering a peak power of 190PS and 320 Nm of torque. Offering power on-demand, the SUV will come with 4MOTION, 7-speed DSG transmission with paddle shifts; built on MQB platform and powered by TSI technology, for enhanced driving experience and fuel efficiency. The new carline will be bold, aggressive, endorsing new design grille and bumper, 18-inch Frankfurt alloys, Dark Red LED tail-lamp with new light signatures. In terms of interiors, Premium Vienna leather seats, illuminated scuff plates, Panoramic sunroof, 30 shades of ambient lights. Safety comes first, the carline will have 6-airbags, ABS, ESP, ASR, EDL, Auto-hold, hill start assist & hill descent control, TPMS, 3 headrests at rear, 3-point seat belts, ISOFIX feature and Driver Alert System.
The new Tiguan will also incorporate, Volkswagen IQ. Light technology; intelligent LED Matrix with advanced light control module, Different light modes; dynamic headlight range control, dynamic cornering lights, poor weather lights, LED headlamps & DRL and LED cornering lights.
Furthermore, Volkswagen India has also received tremendous response from the customers on T-Roc and Tiguan Allspace and the second batch of the carlines will be made available to customers very soon. Both the SUVs are powered by Volkswagen’s award-winning TSI technology. The T-Roc features bold design language and offers performance, comfort and superior driving experience to appeal to the urban lifestyle of an Indian customer. The stylish and expressive SUV is built on Volkswagen’s modular transverse matrix (MQB) platform, powered by 1.5L EVO TSI engine mated to a 7-speed DSG transmission. The highly functional carline, Tiguan Allspace offers plenty of room for everyone and everything. The seven-seater SUV is designed for customers with a larger than life outlook; and are adventurous in nature. It comes equipped with a power-mill of 2.0l TSI engine, 4MOTION and a 7-speed DSG transmission with paddle shifts. It’s ergonomic design, safety features and exceptional build quality fits well with the needs of the Indian customer.
The New Volkswagen T-Roc at an ex-showroom price of INR 21.35 Lakh can be booked online. For customers who prefer visiting the outlet, bookings are open across all Volkswagen dealers in India. Complete safety and sanitization measures are being undertaken at all Volkswagen facilities across the network to ensure safety for ALL. Customer deliveries for the T-Roc will start from the month of May 2021.
– SUVW Strategy on track: Fulfills commitment of introducing 4-new SUVs under the SUVW product strategy, bookings open for Volkswagen T-Roc at an ex-showroom price of INR 21.35 Lakh. Customer deliveries to start from May 2021
– Showcased: The most anticipated SUVW under India 2.0 project, The Volkswagen Taigun, New Volkswagen Tiguan, Tiguan Allspace and the T-Roc, all 4 SUVs based on the MQB platform
– Powertrain: All the 4 SUVs are equipped with Volkswagen’s award-winning Turbocharged Stratified Injection (TSI) engine
– New Volkswagen Taigun: With up to 95% localization, built on MQB A0 IN platform, Taigun will be available with two engine and three transmission options
– New Volkswagen Tiguan: The new Tiguan will be powered by a 2.0L TSI engine, 4MOTION, 7-speed DSG transmission with paddle shifts
– Safety first: Safety is synonymous with Volkswagen and the four products under SUVW portfolio come equipped with advanced safety features; New Taigun and the new Tiguan will be equipped with up to 6-airbags, ESC, 3 head-rest at rear, among others; T-Roc will be equipped with 6-airbags, ABS, ESC, tyre pressure monitoring system, reverse camera and Tiguan Allspace will offer 8-airbags, ABS, ESP amongst others
You can add more to this story by commenting below.