Volkswagen India, today, launched the much-anticipated new global sedan, the all-new ‘Volkswagen Virtus’ for the Indian market. The Volkswagen Virtus will be available at an introductory price of INR 11.21 lakh, ex-showroom, India.
With the launch of the Virtus, Volkswagen India has fulfilled its commitment of launching two new products under the Group’s India 2.0 project. Developed on the globally renowned MQB A0 IN platform, the Virtus is manufactured at the Chakan plant in Pune and comes with up to 95% localization levels. The flexibility of the platform has enabled the new Virtus to be the longest car in the segment (4,561 mm) providing ample cabin and boot space (521 litres) to customers.
Also check: Volkswagen Virtus Colors
The striking, exhilarating, and German-engineered sedan is an embodiment of the brand’s core DNA of superior build quality, safety, and a fun-to-drive experience. As a true Volkswagen, the Virtus represents a global sedan lineage of the brand and is specifically designed to meet the mobility needs of the aspirational Indian customers in the segment. The sedan is the latest entrant and is all set to redefine the premium midsize segment in India.
Speaking at the launch of the new Volkswagen Virtus, Mr. Ashish Gupta, Brand Director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars India said,
“We are delighted by the admiration that is pouring in for the Virtus and are very eager to see it on the Indian roads. The product is a complete package built on the legacy and heritage of Volkswagen sedans. We are confident that the Virtus with its best-in-class features, driving dynamics, and outstanding personality will reignite the love for sedans among customers and reenergize the segment. The launch of the Virtus is a historic moment for us at Volkswagen as it also marks the success of the India 2.0 project under which we delivered highly acclaimed Taigun, and now the Virtus.”
Big by Design, the Virtus comes with a distinctive and striking design, that not only makes it a sight to behold but also a treat to drive. Crafted for the thrill of driving, the Virtus is definitely, a head-turner. The sedan is equipped with standard LED head lights, signature chrome grille, R16 ’Razor’ alloys, chrome window strips, chrome door handles that accentuate the striking look of this sedan. The Virtus also comprises of an electric sunroof, and sharp shoulder lines that exude both power and elegance.
Along with the striking exteriors, the Virtus offers a stylishly confident, versatile, and modern interior layout, offering a world-class experience of connectivity, and technology with a human and elegant touch. Offering a high-quality scratch-resistant dashboard, premium dual-tone interiors, glossy black décor inserts, dual-tone seat upholstery, premium touch surfaces, and rear ac vents, the sedan combines comfort with sheer elegance, adding ‘oomph factor’ to all your drives.
The Virtus is also offered in the GT Plus variant and the elements include: ‘Razor’ black alloys, the GT badge, red brake calipers in front, carbon steel grey roof and door mirror caps, black spoiler, aluminum pedals amongst others, that reflect decades of legendary Volkswagen performance and technology, with a stunning design.
Big by Performance, the all-new Virtus is offered in the Dynamic and Performance line variants and is loaded with best-in-class features that will appeal and impress the aspirational Indian customer. The new Volkswagen sedan is powered by its globally acclaimed TSI technology and is available in 2 engine and 3 transmission options: 1.5l TSI EVO engine with Active Cylinder Technology (ACT) that comes with 7-speed DSG transmission, delivering peak power of 110 kW (150PS) from 5000 to 6000 rpm range and peak torque of 250Nm at 1600 to 3500 rpm. Whereas the 1.0l TSI engine is mated to 6-speed manual and 6-speed automatic torque converter, delivering 85kW (115PS) power ranging from 5000 to 5500 rpm and 178 Nm of torque at 1750 to 4500 rpm.
The fuel efficiency offered on the Volkswagen Virtus is (ARAI certified):
|Variant||Dynamic Line (1.0L TSI)||Performance Line (1.5L TSI)|
|6-speed Manual||19.40 km/L||–|
|6-speed Automatic||18.12 km/L||–|
|7-speed DSG||–||18.67 km/L|
Big by Connectivity, the new sedan comes with a host of technology, entertainment, and connectivity features such as the 20.32 cm digital cockpit, 25.65 cm large touchscreen infotainment system equipped with wireless AppConnect through Apple CarplayTM and Android AutoTM, 8-speakers with immersive sound as standard, wireless mobile charging, My Volkswagen Connect 2.0 and many more, that matches your mood and keeps you connected throughout your adventures. The premium, tech-enabled, practical, and connected car offering, indeed, make the Virtus an appealing proposition.
Big by Convenience, Virtus is equipped with intuitive, clever, and easy to use range of smart features like KESSY (keyless entry and engine start), an electric sunroof, smart-touch ‘Climatronic’ Auto AC, front ventilated seats, multi-functional steering wheel, 521L boot space, rear seats with 60:40 split folding backrest, Auto headlights, cooled glove box and Cruise control, that make driving not only convenient and comfortable for passengers.
Big by Safety, Volkswagen is synonymous with safety. The New Virtus has 40+ active and passive safety features that offer protection to both the driver and the occupants. The new sedan comes with up to 6 airbags, Electronic Stability Control (ESC), multi-collision brakes, hill-hold control, seamlessly integrated LED headlamps with LED DRLs, ISOFIX, 3 headrests at the rear, tire pressure deflation warning, reverse camera among many other features.
The New Virtus is available in six striking color that customers can choose from – Wild Cherry Red, Carbon Steel Grey, Reflex Silver, Curcuma Yellow, Candy White and Rising Blue.
With customers at the heart of the brand, Volkswagen India has been relentlessly working on providing a holistic service experience under its total cost of ownership (TCO) campaign, which offers a peace of mind ownership experience. The Volkswagen Virtus comes with the 4EVER Care package that offers 4-years/ 100,000 km warranty extendable up to 7 years, 4-years road-side assistance extendable up to 10 years and 3-labor free services. Further, for an affordable ownership experience customers can purchase their preferred loyalty product like service value packages, extended warranty and roadside assistance from their preferred dealership or through the online booking platform. The essential 4-year service value package of the Volkswagen Virtus starts at an attractive cost of INR 20,338 + GST.
With such a comprehensive offering, the introductory prices of the New Volkswagen Virtus are (all prices are ex-showroom, India):
– The new Volkswagen Virtus is available for customers at an introductory price of INR 11.21 lakh, prices are ex-showroom, India
– Big by Design: The Virtus is the longest car in the premium midsize sedan segment, embodying a dynamic and emotional design language that offers enhanced cabin space and comfort to customers along with a massive boot space of 521 litres
– Best of German-engineering: The sedan displays the sheer versatility of the MQB A0 IN platform and imbibes the core DNA of the Volkswagen brand flaunting a sturdy built, elegant design, and unparalleled performance
– Striking exteriors and stylishly confident interiors make the sedan a complete package and a delightful ride for the customers
– Big by Performance: The Virtus is available in the Dynamic and Performance line with two engines, the 1.5l TSI EVO engine with Active Cylinder Technology (ACT) that comes with 7-speed DSG transmission and 1.0l TSI engine mated to 6-speed manual and 6-speed automatic transmission; it is powered by the globally renowned and award-winning TSI technology of the Brand
– Big by Connectivity: With the New Volkswagen Virtus, tune into connectivity on the go; it includes a host of technology, and entertainment features such as the 20.32 cm digital cockpit, 25.65 cm large touchscreen infotainment system equipped with wireless AppConnect through Apple CarplayTM and Android AutoTM, 8-speakers with immersive sound as standard, wireless mobile charging, My Volkswagen Connect, and many more
– Big by Convenience: Making the driving experience convenient and comfortable, Virtus comes equipped with features like KESSY (keyless entry and engine start), Smart touch ‘Climatronic’ Auto AC, Multi-functional steering wheel, and much more
– Big by Safety: The new Virtus boasts of German trusted standards of safety as it comes with 40+ active and passive safety features such as 6 airbags, ESC, Multi-collision brakes, 3-head restraints at the rear, tyre pressure deflation warning and rear-view camera amongst others that confidently assures a safe journey for the passengers
– Peace of mind ownership experience, TCO: The Virtus comes equipped with the 4EVER Care package that offers 4-year warranty which is extendable up to 7-years, 4-years road-side assistance (RSA) which is extendable up to 10 years and 3 labor free services across the product range
– The Virtus is available in 6 striking colors – Wild Cherry Red, Carbon Steel Grey, Reflex Silver, Curcuma Yellow, Candy White and Rising Blue
– Deliveries of the Volkswagen Virtus have commenced with the launch from 9th June 2022
You can add more to this story by commenting below.