With Repsol, GP Petroleum eyes 3% Auto Lubricant Market by 2020
In the year 2017, India is set to be in 4th position among the world automotive market surpassing Germany and the country stands only behind US, China and Japan. GP Petroleums Limited, formerly hailing from Sah petrolums that got acquired by Gulf Petrochem in 2015 is a pioneer in petroleum products and is well known for its IPOL range of lubricants. The company has a wide presence in the field of Industrial lubricants, Metal working fluids and automotive market. 90% of GP Petroleum’s revenue comes from Industrial lubricants and metal work fluid, 10% from auto industry.
In association with Repsol – a global lubricant brand, GP Petroleum aims to increase its presence in automotive industry. Just 2 months ago, Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India (HMSI) had launched the limited edition Repsol Honda Racing Replica .
Speaking to media, Mr Hari Prakash M who is the CEO of GP Petroleum Limited said,
India has got a huge and growing automotive market. IPOL’s brand is well known here and has over 40 years of existence. Repsol Lubricants is manufactured and marketed by GP Petroleums. Repsol’s association with MotoGP and Honda partnership makes it easier for the company to penetrate the automobile market in India. We are aiming to capture 3% of automotive lubricants market in next 3 to 5 years
The company’s manufacturing plant is present in Vasai of Mumbai and Daman of Gujarat. The plants have the capacity to produce 80,000 Kilolitres of Lubricants.
The total market size of automotive lubricants in India is around 2.2 Million Metric Tonne and the company currently produces 150,000 litres.
Adding to media queries on how the company plans to increase its market to 3% in India , Mr Hari Prakash M responded,
We see the potential in Indian market. Repsol’s branding and Honda’s association is a differentiating factor when compared to its competition in automobile lubricants market. We will be pushing our products to passenger car and motorcycle industry.
Following is the Repsol range of auto Lubricants:
- Repsol Moto Rider 4T 10W30 ( Recommended for Honda, Hero Moto Corp, Suzuki)
- Repsol Moto Matic 4t 10w30 ( Recommended for Honda, Bajaj, Hero Motocorp, Mahindra, Suzuki, TVS, Yamaha)
- Repsol Moto Rider 4T 20W40 ( Recommended for Mahindra, TVS, Bajaj (up till 150cc), Yamaha up till 125cc)
- Repsol Elite Neo XTI 5w40 ( Recommended for Maruti, Skoda, Volkswagen, BMW, Hyundai, Honda, Mahindra, Audi, Tata, Fiat, Renault, Nissan, Ford, Chevrolet, Toyota, Volvo, Mercedes)
- Repsol Elite Neo 5W30 ( Recommended for Hyundai, Maruti, Honda, Mahindra, Tata, Fiat, Renault, Nissan, Ford, Chevrolet, Toyota)
- Repsol Elite Super XTI 20W50 ( Recommended for all petrol and CNG vehicles)
For Latest Diesel Turbo charged vehicles,
- Repsol Diesel Turbo THPD MID SAPS XTI 15W40
- Repsol Diesel Turbo Plus 15W40
You can add more to this story by commenting below.