The recently launched new Volkswagen Virtus has created a national record at the ‘India Book of Records’ by being the only sedan to be delivered to 150 customers by a single dealership in one day. The national record has been awarded to our dealer partner in Kerala, EVM Motors & Vehicles India Pvt. Ltd.
Since its market introduction on 9th June 2022, mega delivery programs have been organized across the country. In Kerala alone, more than 200 cars have been delivered to customers by EVM Motors & Vehicles India Pvt. Ltd. and Phoenix Cars Pvt. Ltd.
Speaking about this notable achievement, Mr. Ashish Gupta, Brand Director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars India said,
“We are extremely elated to have the new Volkswagen Virtus create a national record at the ‘India Book of Records’, by being a single model sedan to be delivered in a day by a single dealership. We would like to congratulate our dealer partner EVM Motors & Vehicles India Pvt. Ltd. for this notable feat. We would like thank our customers who were part of this journey and that made us worthy of this recognition.”
Sharing the excitement on the national record, Mr. Sabu Johnny, Managing Director, EVM Motors & Vehicles Pvt. Ltd. said,
“It is indeed a moment of pride to be setting a record at the India Book of Records with the new Volkswagen Virtus. With 150 customer deliveries in one day, it showcases the love, trust and the phenomenal response by our customers for Volkswagen. We look forward towards delivering many more Virtus across Kerala and add happy members to the Volkswagen family.”
The all new Volkswagen Virtus is available across the 152 showrooms in India at an introductory price of INR 11.21 lakh (ex-showroom). For more details, customers can visit their nearest showroom or visit the Volkswagen India website.
About the new Volkswagen Virtus
The newest entrant in the premium midsize sedan segment, the new Volkswagen Virtus is developed on the MQB A0 IN platform and manufactured at Chakan, Pune.
The Volkswagen Virtus is offered in the Dynamic and Performance line variants, loaded with best-in-class features. It is powered by the globally acclaimed TSI technology and is available in 2 engine and 3 transmission options.
The Performance Line is equipped with the 1.5l TSI EVO engine with Active Cylinder Technology (ACT) that comes with 7-speed DSG transmission, delivering peak power of 110 kW (150PS) from 5000 to 6000 rpm range and peak torque of 250Nm at 1600 to 3500 rpm. The Dynamic Line 1.0l TSI engine is mated to 6-speed manual and 6-speed automatic torque converter, delivering 85kW (115PS) power ranging from 5000 to 5500 rpm and 178 Nm of torque at 1750 to 4500 rpm.
The New Virtus is available in six striking colors that customers can choose from – Wild Cherry Red, Carbon Steel Grey, Reflex Silver, Curcuma Yellow, Candy White and Rising Blue.
- Single day. Single dealer. Delivers over 150 Volkswagen Virtus creating a national record at the ‘India Book of Records’ in Kerala
- The record has been awarded to EVM Motors & Vehicles Pvt. Ltd. in Kerala, by delivering the maximum number of single model sedans in a day by any dealership across India
- Mega delivery programs are being conducted across the country for the all new Volkswagen Virtus
- The new Volkswagen Virtus was launched on 9th June 2022 in India. It is the newest entrant in the premium midsize sedan market in India at an introductory price of INR 11.21 lakh (ex-showroom)
- The new Virtus is available in the Dynamic (1.0l TSI) and Performance (1.5l TSI EVO) line that it mated to a 6-speed manual transmission, 6-speed automatic torque converter or a 7-speed DSG transmission
- For more details on the new Volkswagen Virtus, customers can visit the nearest dealership or the website www.volkswagen.co.in
You can add more to this story by commenting below.