Force Motors will be launching a new powerful variant of Force Gurkha the Force Gurkha Xtreme in July 2018 , now that the specification brochure is already leaked on a Facebook group ahead of launch . Force Gurkha Xtreme will feature a host of updates to the exterior design and mechanical components and will be the top-spec model of the Gurkha range . Lets compare the spec of the Force Gurkha Xtreme with that of Mahindra Thar CRDe and check which one is the better in terms of numbers .
2018 Force Gurkha Xtreme vs 2018 Mahindra Thar – Specifications comparison
- Force Gurkha Xtreme is powered by a 2.2 liter 4 cylinder CRDe engine which puts out 140hp @3800 rpm and 321Nm@1600-2400 rpm
- Mahindra Thar crde also gets a 2.5 liter 4 cylinder CRDe engine which makes 105hp @3800 rpm and 250 nm @1800-2000rpm
Force Gurkha Xtreme is more powerful in terms of power with 140 hp and the torque delivery is spread from 1600 to 2400 rpm .
- Force Gurkha Xtreme offers a 6-speed manual gearbox with single lever selective 4X4 with High – Low option and also gets Mechanical differential lock on both Front and rear axle
- Mahindra Thar crde gets a 5 -speed manual gearbox with a transfer case offering 4X4 High&Low reduction gears . Thar comes with a Automatic differential lock at the rear axle which engages when a wheel spin difference of 100 rpm or above is detected
Force Gurkha Xtreme comes with the advantage front & rear Mechanical differential lock where as the Thar’s automatic differential at the rear is difficult to control and takes time to respond when you actually need it .
- Force Gurkha Xtreme is 3992 mm in length and 1790 mm in width . It has 2055 mm height where as the Mahindra Thar is 3920 mm long and 1729 mm wide and 1930 mm tall making it compact than the force Gurkha Xtreme .
- Force Gurkha Xtreme has a ground clearance of 205 mm and turning radius of 5.65 m . Mahindra Thar has a ground clearance of 200 mm and turning radius of 5.75 mm.
- Force Gurkha Xtreme – approach angle 44 degree , departure angle 39 degree and ramp- over angle 28 degree . Mahindra THAR approach angle is 44 degree , Departure angle is 27 degree and Ramp-over angle is 15 degree
- Kerb weight is 2050 for Force Gurkha Xtreme and 1750 Kgs for Mahindra THAR
For the spec sheet of both the SUVs its clear that the Force Gurkha Xtreme is a much better performer in terms of numbers. If force is able to provide a overall package with the Force Gurkha Xtreme , that is better on-road manners and good interior and features than Mahindra Thar along with great customer experience . Force Gurkha Xtreme will be the Daddy off-roaders in India