Hero MotoCorp Ltd., the world’s largest two-wheeler manufacturer, continued to further strengthen its market leadership by surpassing 7.8 million unit sales in the financial year 2019 (April 1’18-March 31’19).
With 581,279 units sold in the month of March, Hero MotoCorp capped off FY’19 with sales of 7,820,745 units of motorcycles and scooters during the 12-month period.
The sales during the month of March have been lower due to a conscious effort to bring down the inventory levels in the system.
During the year, the Company introduced Destini 125 – its first scooter in the high-growth 125cc segment. In the initial few months of its launch, Destini 125 has registered robust sales, riding on the overwhelmingly positive feedback from customers.
Hero Highlights of the Year (April’18-March’19):
Hero’s Entry into New Segments
- · Entered the premium motorcycle segment with the launch of the ‘Xtreme 200R’
- · Forayed into the fast growing 125cc scooter segment with ‘Destini 125’
- · Strengthened its global portfolio with the launch of the new ‘Ignitor 125’ in Colombia
- · Unveiled the new 200cc cruiser motorcycle – the XPulse 200T at EICMA 2018
Hero Sales Milestones
- · Best-ever quarterly sales of 2.1 million units in Apr’18-Jun’18
- · First two-wheeler company to surpass 750,000 units in monthly sales (769,138 units in Sep’18)
- · 7-lakh plus monthly sales achieved on four occasions in FY’19
You can add more to this story by commenting below.