Honda CB Shine crosses 50 lakh units milestone in India
Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. (HMSI) today rolled out it’s 50th lakh CB Shine from it’s Tapukara (Rajasthan) manufacturing plant. Celebrating this accomplishment Honda launched the all-new 2017 BS IV CB Shine with AHO, it’s 3rd offering to meet BS-IV norms.
Leaving competition behind, CB Shine is the only 125cc motorcycle to cross 50 lakh sales mark*
*(as per available cumulative data)
Sharing a perspective on this landmark achievement, Mr. Keita Muramatsu, President & CEO, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India said,
India is not only the fastest growing economy in the world, but also one of the most important and fastest growing markets for Honda globally. With this vision for growth, today we have achieved a new milestone for our business in India. We thank our valued customers, business partners, and all our colleagues at Honda for this remarkable feat. Continuing our endeavour to serve our customers, we have introduced new BS IV 2017 CB Shine with AHO.
Expressing his gratitude towards Honda customers, Mr. Y.S. Guleria, Senior Vice President – Sales & Marketing, Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India said,
We are delighted with the overwhelming customer response, making CB Shine the most loved motorcycle in the 125cc segment. With a great legacy of over one decade, Shine is the most important motorcycle in our line up. Together with it’s special sibling CB Shine SP, CB Shine continues to be the top choice of 125cc motorcycle customers.
2017 CB Shine Premium Upgrades
The Honda CB Shine is powered by a 124.73 cc air-cooled, single-cylinder engine boosted by Honda Eco Technology (HET). Producing 10.16 BHP at 7500 rpm and peak torque of 10.30 Nm at 5500 rpm. New 2017 CB Shine sports enhanced premium looks with shining chrome finish muffler and Carburetor Cover, New Athletic Blue Metallic and Imperial Red Metallic colours.
Glimpses of the exciting journey of 50 Lacs CB Shine Milestone:
- CB Shine was launched in April 2006 with the unique Optimax technology
- With regular value additions & superior Honda technology, CB Shine became India’s Single largest selling 125cc motorcycle by FY’2008-09, merely in two years since its launch
- CB Shine achieved its first 10 lakh happy customers in 54 months (October 2010). Another 20 lakh customers were added in 41 months (April 2014) with the final 20 lakhs being added in just 32 months (January 2017).
- In FY’ 2013-14, this segment faced de-growth. In comparison, CB Shine scaled greater heights with record Sales of 7.40 lakh units, with ever highest single month sales of 94,300 units in March’14.
- In April 2014, every third 125cc motorcycle purchased in India was a CB Shine. Ending FY’13-14, CB Shine led by 33% market share.
- Ending FY’14-15 CB Shine grew at 14% vis-à-vis only 1% industry growth and led by highest ever market share of 36%.
- ·Today, CB Shine creates a new record as the first 125cc motorcycle to reach 50 lakh unit sales milestone.
You can add more to this story by commenting below.