We reported earlier that Mercedes-Benz S 600 was officially launched in India at 8.9 crores. Here are the key highlights of the S 600 Guard:
Key Highlights of Mercedes-Benz S600 Guard
- This is the first ever which is comprehensively certificated for highest ballistic protection in resistance class VR9 (according to BRV 2009)
- The Mercedes-Benz S-Guard is the preferred vehicle for heads of state, high ranking government officials and business tycoons globally as well as in India
- Mercedes-Benz S-Guard offers outstanding strength and stability, all thanks to the specific reinforcement of the base structure which is integrated into the body shell during the production stage
- The high level of comfort is maintained by sophisticated integration and intelligent overlapping of all protective elements
- Superior performance: V12 petrol engine, generates a whooping 390 kW (530 hp) of power and a maximum torque of 830 Nm and the 7G-TRONIC automatic transmission results in lower fuel consumption with impressive acceleration for a rapid escape from the danger zone during the times of threat.
- ‘World Luxury Car of the Year’ to one of the ‘Safest Luxury Spot on Earth’: Mercedes-Benz launches the S 600 Guard less than 18 months from the flagship sedan’s India debut
- Mercedes-Benz has already secured many pre-orders for the new S 600 Guard even before its India launch
- Mercedes-Benz India ‘Guard’ portfolio comprises the S 600 Guard, E-Guard and the M-Guard
Eberhard Kern who is the Managing Director and CEO of Mercedes-Benz India said,
We are glad to introduce this ‘fortress on wheels’ for our exclusive set of high profile Indian customers, who require the highest levels of protection when on the move, and rely only on Mercedes-Benz special protection vehicles. With first-class comfort, an outstanding AIRMATIC suspension, powerful V12 engine, intelligent driver assistance systems and unrestricted day-to-day suitability, the new flagship Guard model sets an unprecedented new standard in this segment. This is yet another instance where the best of Mercedes-Benz’s enriched global portfolio is being offered for Indian customers. With the launch of the new S 600 Guard, Mercedes-Benz India now provides a formidable range of special protection vehicles comprising the E-Guard and M-Guard, for the Indian market.
Markus Rubenbauer who is the Head of Guard Sales said,
At Mercedes-Benz, we claim the “technological leadership” in the field of special protection vehicles. Our unique wealth of experience spanning eight decades in the making of prestigious special-protection cars resulted in the S 600 Guard. The S 600 Guard offers hallmark Mercedes-Benz build quality combined with comprehensive highest protection characteristics. This is the first vehicle in Germany to be offered with the highest class of ballistic protection (VR9), which can withstand rifle fire from military weapons and protection from grenades and explosive charges. We are very pleased to present this engineering marvel and epitome of luxury for the Indian customers