Key Highlights of Tata Nano Gen X
The GenX Nano by Tata Motors has been officially launched today at Mumbai. The price of new GenX Nano starts from 1.99 lakhs. GenX Nano is available in 2 new additional colors – Sangria Red and Persian Rose.
Key Highlights of Tata Nano Gen X
- ‘Easy Shift’ Automated Manual Transmission with ‘Sports’ mode for enhanced accelaration and ‘creep’ feature for heavy traffic maneuverability and parking ease.
- Comes with Electric Power Assisted Steering (ePAS), designed for light steering, for easy maneuvering in tight parking and driving situations in cities.
- Latest in design – Infinity motif grille, smoked headlamps, Tata signature steering wheel, sporty integrated tailgate spoiler
- Comes with a 24 litre fuel tank for longer driving range
- Convenience of a 110L luggage space in the MT and class leading interior space with 4% better shoulder room and 6% better legroom than competition*
- Connectivity features like BluetoothTM, CD, Radio, USB & AUX-in and first-in-segment* Digital Information Display
- Enhanced Safety – crumple zone, intrusion beams, anti-roll bar and SUV-like ground clearance
- New range with Five variants – XE, XM, XT with Manual Transmission, XMA and XTA with Easy Shift AMT, catering to various needs of customer
With the GenX Nano, Tata Motors has introduced a new Infinity design theme, in which, the well sculpted front and rear bumpers come with an Infinity motif grille giving the car a solid and planted look. The 94 Litre boot-space in the AMT and 110 Litre boot- space in the MT version can now be accessed more easily, through the openable hatch. Stylish interiors will be available in fresh and first-in-segment* colour themes. It is equipped with the new generation Tata signature steering wheel which adds to the new-age feel of the driver’s cockpit. The car will come in seven exciting colours – Sangria Red (NEW), Persian Rose (NEW), Pearl White, Meteor Silver, Royal Gold, Dazzle Blue and Damson Purple.
The new range comprises of five variants, three with a four-speed manual transmission (XE, XM, XT) and two variants (XMA, XTA) come equipped with a five-speed AMT gearbox which is branded as ‘Easy Shift’ Automated Manual Transmission. The GenX Nano is powered by a 624cc, multi-point fuel injected, water cooled, naturally aspirated, 2 cylinder gasoline engine with 2 valves per cylinder. The engine produces 38PS power @ 5500 RPM and 51 Nm torque @ 4000 RPM.
The GenX Nano ‘Easy Shift’ AMT has an option of ‘Sports’ mode for performance oriented drivers. For ease of maneuverability in heavy traffic and during parking, ‘Easy Shift’ AMT comes with an in-built ‘creep’ feature, which helps the car to crawl as soon as the pressure is eased off the brake pedal, without pressing the accelerator. The GenX Nano continues to have the Electric Power Assisted Steering (ePAS) designed for light steering and for easy maneuvering in tight parking and driving situations in cities.
The new range comes with advanced structural stability and offers safety features like crumple zone to cushion frontal impact, reinforced body structure for enhanced frontal crash safety, robust side doors with intrusion beams for side crash protection, anti-roll bar for high speed stability and SUV-like ground clearance of 180 mm to tackle those rough patches on Indian roads.
The GenX Nano comes with a 24 litre fuel tank and has fuel efficiency of 23.6 Kmpl and 21.9 Kmpl, for manual and AMT variants respectively (as per ARAI certification).
Targeted for the youth, the GenX Nano also comes loaded with connectivity features — four speakers with surround sound effect mated to AmphiStream™ music system. This AmphiStream™ music system is compatible with first-in-segment, Bluetooth™, CD, Radio, USB and AUX-in options for today’s connected generation. The car also comes with Digital Information Display with features like Average & Instantaneous Fuel Consumption^, Distance to Empty & Gear Shift Indicator^.
Tata Motors has also introduced a wide range of specially designed GenX Nano accessories like Door Visors, Sunroof, Art Leather Seat Covers, Decals, Body kit, Reverse Parking Sensors, Remote Controlled Hatch Release etc., which will also be available at the dealerships.
With all these features, the GenX Nano is the coolest compact hatch in town and also comes with low cost-of-ownership. The Company will continue to offer the new range with the best-in-segment warranty of 4 years or 60,000 km (whichever is earlier).