Mahindra & Mahindra, part of the USD 20.7 million Mahindra Group, today announced that its newly launched passenger vehicle, Marazzo has been certified with a strong 4 star rating by Global NCAP for Adult Occupation Protection. The Mahindra Marazzo with standard double airbags, ABS, seatbelt reminders (SBR) for driver and ISOFIX anchorages achieved this rating.
The model offers good protection for both adult head and neck, marginal protection for the driver chest and adequate protection for passenger chest. The area of the knees showed good protection.
Commenting on this achievement, Rajan Wadhera, President, Automotive Sector, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. mentioned,
This is a proud moment for Mahindra as the 4 star rating for Adult Occupation Protection reiterates our commitment towards safety. We have designed the Marazzo with many new safety features to ensure a safe ride for our customers. With Safety being at the forefront for all our vehicles, I am sure that this recognition will spur us to achieve higher safety parameters for our entire range of vehicles
Standard safety equipment for Mahindra Marazzo includes:
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Seat Belt Reminders (SBR)ISOFIX
- Airbags for Drive & Co-Driver
- Energy Absorbing Steering Column
- 3-pt seatbelts for all occupants
- For the front occupants – Crash Locking Tongue & Pre-tensioning and load limiting technology
- High strength occupant protection cage structure
- Low speed bumper protection against parking lot type accidents
- Laminated front glass
- Front crash sensors
- Engineered door trims to minimize injuries in side impact
You can add more to this story by commenting below.